[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be male >extremely emotional >feel intensively lonely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 2CN9TPgJqZ2BSj0mG7Yl491qQdm.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2CN9TPgJqZ2BSj0mG7Yl491qQdm.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
>be male
>extremely emotional
>feel intensively lonely
>come close to tears and hate myself when i am shunned from others
>find it difficult to control my anger at videogames
>become extremely judgemental of people
>24 years old and its only maybe gone down to 80% of how bad it was in my teenaged years

How do I stop living like this? I'm waiting to go to school right now and I am completely NEET except for friends who I have on skype and self study, but I am going more and more insane by the day.
>>
How much do you masturbate?
>>
>>17122207

Pretty much every night
>>
>>17122230
thats the point i think, same problem here
>>
>>17122193

Nu male crybaby mentality that is killing the world. Sack the fuck up. You don't need friends to go out and do things.
>>
you got good reasons to be emotional. getting ghostes is fucking terrible
>>
>>17122259

If my life was reduced down to lifting weights and studying/work completely alone, I would rather kill myself than exist without human interaction.
>>
>>17122272
You missed his point entirely. He said that you don't need friends in order to go and make friends and meet new people.
>>
File: neet.jpg (63 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
neet.jpg
63 KB, 600x400
>>17122193
Go see a mental health professional, this might be a serious problem (emotional lability is a symptom of various things, and a problem in itself for a male, since it violates social expectations).

>I am going more and more insane by the day.
Insane how? Explain.

>>17122207 >>17122230 >>17122233
It's incredibly unlikely that masturbation is actually the problem.
Any change in sexual behavior is far more likely to be a symptom of a mental illness rather than the cause.

>>17122272
My life is like that right now, you can probably survive much more than you think.
Humans are resilient. We adapt to adverse conditions.
>>
>>17122454

>Insane how? Explain.

Some days I feel guilty for being a piece of shit, I feel like I am ignorant of other peoples feelings and I exert judgement unnecessarily onto others. Some days I have been called a cold and ruthless person.

Other days however, like today for example I would like nothing more than to be surrounded by the people that I care for in life. And I am desperate for any emotional contact. I have been speaking with a girl who I met on 4chan several years ago and I am deeply regretting not trying to move overseas to be with her because I am at times madly in love with her. But for the past year until now I didn't think twice about my past feelings towards her.

Earlier in the year I got in applications to go to college, but since I am 24 I have within the span of two months started to doubt and question my capability and if I am willing to waste my youth chasing a degree that might land me in a job I don't care about. I was so sure to go to college when I applied, but now I don't know anymore.

I have friends in the united states who I visited once for an extended 3 month period and I was the happiest I have ever been during that time. I get overwhelmed with feelings of hopelessness at times and I spend hours looking at ways or methods of getting permanent work/residency in the US to go back there, even going so far as to considering arranged greencard marriage.
>>
>>17122690
Hard to tell whether you have a serious problem, but it does sound like your mental health is in bad shape.
Consider seeing a professional, they help with that shit.

>I exert judgement unnecessarily onto others
Then don't do that. Other things are hard to fix (hard to suddenly become emotionally warm), but this is not. When you notice those thoughts, clear them from your mind. They are worthless at best and harmful at worst.

>Other days however, like today for example I would like nothing more than to be surrounded by the people that I care for in life. And I am desperate for any emotional contact.
This is true for pretty much any lonely person, even schizoids and autists. It's a psychological need, and you should fulfill it. Starving yourself of emotional contact is harmful to your sanity.

And if you want to get US residency, you'll want to go get that degree. Skilled workers are considered far, far ahead of unskilled laborers, and many prospective employers will sponsor you for an h1 visa. In fact h1b workers are very important to tech companies, for example, they usually make up at least 10% of the employee base. All this applies to canada too, and canada-to-US is a common strategy.

Oh and about the girl, does she love you back?
>>
>>17122193
>>17122690
Where to begin? I wish I could just give you a magic pill that would make you understand. But there's no magic pill.

At least understand, no, imprint this inside your head - we humans need connections. Everything that keeps you away from people, all depressions, rationalizations and delusions are literally evil with the ultimate end of a suicide. Don't let this evil succeed.

Keep this in mind and work from there. If you feel like your only choice to connect is to move to US, fucking do it. There must be other options, if you look for them, too.

I repeat, don't let yourself be isolated.

Good luck.
>>
>>17122733
>>17122742

At times like these, even 4chan comments soothe my racing thoughts and make me feel like I have at least one persons thoughts acknowledging me and making me feel less lonely in this world.

She's got a much older boyfriend, but she seems very happy with him. I'm going to try to meet her in the future as a friend.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.