[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
new city, how to meet people?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: never leave.png (2 MB, 753x900) Image search: [Google]
never leave.png
2 MB, 753x900
ive moved to a new place a few months ago, havent had any success in meeting new people and making new friends. i came here for work but everyone there is much older than me (ie they spend their time with their young kids and stuff). i dont like going out to bars/clubs and stuff, i like going to pubs to talk and meet with people but going out purely to get drunk/loaded i dont enjoy. i have been hitting the meetup website pretty hard but desu theres not that much stuff going on

can anyone help or suggest some things i can do? ive spent the last 20 weekends sitting in doors rather than going out into the world and living life

pic sort of related
>>
>>17121804
You can join a club, or do an activity regularly in an public place, eventually you'll notice people doing the same and you could start up a conversation. say hello to your neighbors and anyone you see regular enough for it no to be weird. Just be personable man.
>>
>>17121804
sell drugs
>>
>>17121818
how can i find clubs to join?
>>
>>17121888
google you lazy fuck.
nice trips
>>
>>17121888
Church and Freemasons, m8.
>>
>>17121901
im not religious tho
>>
>>17121888
Depends where you live , but don't you have a town hall, or literally google local clubs. take up karate, fencing or judging by your pic you seem to be into games. Maybe see if there's a gameworkshop or something.
My only advice is to start up a conversation, whenever you feel there's an opportunity, it won't always work but maybe you'll hit it off with someone.
>>
>>17121804
At night, open the blinds in your windows and walk around naked.

You'd be surprised how many people will come knocking.
>>
>>17121971
yeah, i want to get away from games really. i was more wondering if theres any websites similar to meetup that arent meetup (for when stuff isnt happening on there which is sadly quite often)

>>17121978
i do that anyway as my window isnt overlooked by anything
>>
Sorry buddy, adults don't make friends.
>>
>>17121804
Join a club.
Join a gym,
Do volunteer work.
Take a "useless" class at a community college

At worst, you'll have something to do. At best, you'll meet other people doing the same thing and will have something in common.

(I took a beginner cooking class. We were all awful, and did a lot of laughing at each other and ourselves. Some of us began hanging out after class, and eventually formed a "Dine at my place and see if you survive" club, taking turns cooking for each other.)
>>
>>17121991
damn...
>>
>>17122115
hmm that sounds like a good idea, i already do the gym but maybe i could do an extra class thing. i live quite far away from that kind of stuff though
>>
Go to art show openings. Nice art + free wine + sociable people of (usually) all ages
>>
>>17122618
interesting idea, ill keep an eye out for some
>>
>>17121804
I recently heard of this cool concept; pub crawls. Might not be exactly what you're looking for but I reckon it should be worth a shot. I've been meaning to try one for a few weeks now in my own city but have been preoccupied with other things.

Just google [city name] pub crawl and you might find someone arranging them where you live. Else, why not take it up yourself? Earn some money and meet new people!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.