[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
meditation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: News_InnerPeace_1.jpg (203 KB, 723x500) Image search: [Google]
News_InnerPeace_1.jpg
203 KB, 723x500
im trying to start a regular meditation habit, but finding it difficult. My mind is always running at 1000 km/h so i find it hard to just sit and let my thoughts pass by.

Does anyone have any tips for meditation for someone with very mild ADD?
>>
>>17121746
>My mind is always running at 1000 km/h

Everyone thinks this, it's an extension of the delusion that everyone also thinks they are "above average intelligence".

Simple answer is to focus on your breathing. Treat breathing like a job, that you have to focus and do manually rather than an automatic thing you do.

That said, mediation never helped me. I'd rather think... daydream about shit that's better instead.
>>
>>17121746
The thing you need is to be rigorous about it.

I meditate 2 times 10 minutes a day for a month now.
The first times you do, you probably won't be able to clear your mind at all. But keep doing it anyway, it'll come.

Say you're doing like me, just sit down for 10 minutes and try your best to stop thinking, even if you feel like you can't do it. Don't stop before the 10 minutes are over (or 5 minutes, or whatever, it's not important), even if you were able to clear your mind 1 minute during these 10 minutes.

Focus on your breathing, and whenever you realize you're thinking about something else, don't tell yourself "i fucked it up, i can't do this", just focus on the next breath.

Good luck, i guarantee this is not that hard and it feels really good
>>
Don't sit and let your thoughts go by and try to clear your mind, sit and count your slow breaths from 1 to 10. This way you're cleared and have something to fill in the space. If other things pop in just keep counting and try to shoo em away.
>>
>>17121746
Continue at your own pace.

There is no goal to become a person with constantly clear head. If you have attention deficit problems, you will continue to have those problems. Meditating won't magically cure that.

But if you continue meditating, you will experience benefits that you may not even notice. Less stress, less anxiety, noticing narcissistic thoughs and laughing at them, not being triggered so easily by difficult people and simply being able to enjoy a moment.
>>
>>17121746
One of the functions of a mantra is to break your flow of thoughts. Though some would argue that the choice of mantra is significant, almost anything, quietly chanted with a constant slow rhythm, will work. Try Ishkabibble or Kalimazoo or Eisenhower or whatever.
>>
Fellow ADD bro here. I learned how to meditate by focusing on relaxing my physical body first. Start with focusing on a single toe for like 10 seconds and relaxing it. Move onto the next one and so forth up until you relax your head. From there, it's just you and your brain. FYI all this body awareness can make you itchy, so go ahead and scratch yourself whenever necessary.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.