[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm graduating university at 26, feeling like a piece of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1461899549289.png (1006 KB, 1316x874) Image search: [Google]
1461899549289.png
1006 KB, 1316x874
I'm graduating university at 26, feeling like a piece of shit for studying that long and my parents still supporting me.
I'm good looking, capable and I'm sure I'll do fine, but I can't get over the fact that I missed years of independence and living with flatmates and not living the good life.
>>
>>17121656

I'm 24 entering university and feel like a piece of shit about it too. It's not really hard to feel better about missed moments, I just repeat the mantra that there's nothing I can do about the past and that if I want to be happy I have to keep working at becoming a better person because this is the only life I have.

Hearing stories of people who turned a fucked up life into a great one is one of the best motivators because there's nothing worse than the thought "it will never get better".
>>
You should be grateful, not guilty.

>living the good life.

What the fuck does that even mean?

Doing dishes, laundry, cooking, cleaning, maintenance, repairs, garbage, dishes, etc...almost every single day by yourself, while at the same point being a poor bitch.

Boy, did you miss out.
>>
>>17121699
This is actually suprisingly comforting. I do have those days when I'm also happier about it and I realize that the time is now. For everything.
>>
>>17121656
21 here, only passed a small fraction of the exams i should be done with by now. If i don't drop out and make it to the end, i will also graduate around 26 or even 27. Once i start my job hunt i'll be competing with people 2 years younger than me and likely way more clever, so (unlike you) i don't even think i'll do well.

Also my parents are very good people, they will surely support me all the way to the fucking degree; but man do i feel like shit wasting their money like this.

10/10 depression fuel. I hope i will, at least, find i decent job so i can slowly pay them back.
>>
>>17121720
21? Don't make my mistake and pursue nearly worthless degree. Its still not too late to switch to something useful you can work in even with that pre-Masters degree because it develops a good skill. If you consciously decide to study until 26, then it better be fucking worth it.

I see a lot of people who didn't go to university that I know and they are not unhappy. Perhaps less educated, less developed as the people, but not unhappy. You can come a long way from flipping burgers at 18 and making your way towards whatever you want through various short courses and constant job hunt. Some less educated people my age already work jobs better than I will after I graduate. Yes, my will be more "respectable", but seriously fuck that shit.
>>
>>17121733
Strictly in term of usefulness i'm good; i'm into engineering management, which (at least in my area) makes a lot of jobs accessible.

Except it's a nightmare for me. I really don't like it. I'm slow, stupid as fuck. But i honestly think it's my only gateway to a better life: i don't like any subject (in my shitty country anything outside stem is useless anyway) and i don't have any marketable skill. The only other option is to hop from one seasonal job to the other being paid less than it's necessary to survive (forcing me to still suck money off my parents), hoping that maybe one day i'll be able to put fuel in my car without having to ask my dad. It's all so fucking depressing.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.