[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like there is a problem with me. People often tell me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Kant_Portrait.jpg (446 KB, 1110x1600) Image search: [Google]
Kant_Portrait.jpg
446 KB, 1110x1600
I feel like there is a problem with me. People often tell me I'm smart and good with problems and abstraction.
However, I feel really shitty when I'm faced with problems way out of my league. As a student at a university, I feel like it's taking a toll on me as I constantly feel like trash for being an idiot as I'm bugged by questions too difficult for me to find solutions to.
How do I stop myself from being caught in this cycle of self-hatred?
>>
shameless self-bump
>>
embrace the fact you are at your intellectual limit and embrace the opportunity to surpass it. Such opportunities dissipate with time so I suggest you relish these moments.
>>
>>17120716
So you're generally pretty smart, but from time to time in university you come across something hard to learn/solve/conquer.

It's called education. School wouldn't be worth much if you could already do it all coming in. The WHOLE POINT of education is to identify your limits and then push (and guide) you past them
>>
>>17120716
if school has always been easy, you have never had to learn the frustration of having to work at something that doesn't come naturally

try reinforcing behaviors to get yourself to enjoy the challenge more.

make a goal. a finite amount of work. one problem, or an hour of studying. whatever. set a goal for whatever your are doing. and then make a treat. say, a candy bar, a gold sticker, whatever. then reward yourself for the hard work you put in. eat your candy bar, and spend a minute thinking about how awesome of a job you did.
it feeds the reward pathway of your brain, and when that kicks in while you are doing a task, any task, your brain remembers it as something that is a rewarding experience. it's the same way we teach our children good habits.
>>
Went through the same. Above are all good replies.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.