[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
19 years old, mother still baby-talks me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 53790598_p0_master1200.jpg (156 KB, 600x447) Image search: [Google]
53790598_p0_master1200.jpg
156 KB, 600x447
Is it wrong to be uncomfortable and almost resentful at this?
>>
>>17120710
Not at all. If she the type of person to respond to a mature conversation, sit down with her and tell her how you feel. If not, move out and never call and only visit on holidays.
>>
>>17120710
It's not "wrong" but more so immature and ridiculous.
She's your mom, you're always her baby to some extent.
I'm sure she finds it wrong that at 19 years old you can't do your laundry or help out with chores and still browse the channel 4
>>
>>17120710
It is totally natural to be bothered, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Some mothers are like that and will be when they're 90 and you're 70.
>>
Fuck you I wish I still had a mom.
>>
I know the feeling, but it's just an embarrassing mother being embarrassing. Not immature to be mad at, but perhaps misplaced.

Dont let it get to you, unless she's really, really overdoing it, and it's becoming a problem of some kind, she does it because she loves you and loves flustering you because you're still her little baby. Or she just doesn't know how else to talk to you.

Either way, it is a small thing and I understand the feeling of embarrassment, but it's not a battle worth fighting in the long run, is it?
>>
my mom died when I was very young, I would kill to hear a woman babytalk me again.
>>
can I join the dead mother's club? I honestly don't know what to feel on this holiday, there's no bitterness, just sort of a 'I don't know what you're experiencing but that's cool' similar to watching people celebrate hanukkah.

OP you're making a big deal out of nothing there will come a time where she sees you as an 'adult' but that'll come with moving out and dealing with real world problems, when she has to lend you money or something you'll talk to her as an equal and it'll seem bizarre, and you'll miss the days when she was older and more mature than you, when she used to babytalk you. Basically don't rush the stages at which you experience relationships; cherish it, because each stage is unique and special and will be gone forever once it passes. I don't have a mom though so what do I know.
>>
>>17121616
>You'll miss the days when she was older and more mature than you

This is unrelated, I'm not OP but thank you for wording this, I was reading threads on the frontpage you just gave me kind of a "eureka" revelation on how I feel about my mother and father, tears welled up from the post out of nowhere. It's nothing I haven't heard before but it just "clicked"
>>
>>17121639
I love the feeling of 'so that's the emotion they were feeling when this phrase or commonly themed statement was created.' Especially with commonly used idioms like "time heals all" or some other cliche bullshit. I know what you mean.
>>
>>17121652
I wonder if there's a word for that, even a bullshit hipster one like the meaning for "Sonder"
>>
>>17121686
I bet the japanese or germans do, our language isn't as metaphorical or absract. So it's hard to find words for those niche emotional unexplainables.
>>
>>17121325
>Fuck you I wish I still had a mom.
This*10^17
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.