[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /adv/. I need some help. I have been dealing with depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 550x512
Sup /adv/. I need some help. I have been dealing with depression and anxiety problems for the last 4 years. It was bad enough that I had planned on killing myself the day before my 18th birthday. Then I met this girl about 4 months ago. She doesn't know it, but she's the only reason I'm still alive. School ends in 2 weeks, then she moves states for college. I'm starting to fall back into my depression, and I know it's going to get bad again soon. She's noticed that something is bothering me, and has tried to get me to say something. So here's my question. How do I tell someone about my depression?
>>
>>17120466
if you feel that you can't tell friends or your parents then call 911 and tell them you're thinking about killing yourself

they'll send an ambulance to pick you up and take you to a hospital where you'll be spoken to by a psychiatrist and afterwards probably committed for a few weeks.
>>
>>17120493
But if I make that call, they will find out. I really do want this person to know what's happening, even though there really isn't anything she can do to help me. I feel like she deserves to know. The question still remains, how do I bring this up? I have never told anyone irl about how fucked up I am.
>>
who don't you want to know, your parents?

why can't you tell them, they need to know about this more than anyone, don't do something as stupid as teenage suicide
>>
>>17120509
Listen. I tried telling my mom. It was a good day for me. I was happy, coming back home from hanging out at a friends house. I told her that I hadn't been happy in a long time. She told me to never say thing like that. So I never tried again.
>>
Have you been seeing a therapist or psychiatrist? Getting any mental health care at all?

These are serious problems and they need to be addressed. Anxiety and depression are clinical issues that should be looked at -- and treated -- by a psychiatrist (a board licensed MD) and a therapist, not just ignored until you finally go and kill yourself for no good reason.
>>
>>17120564
I wish I was strong enough to ask for help, but my anxiety is so bad that sometimes I have a hard time talking with my friends. The thought of facing a stranger and telling them my biggest secret... I can't.
>>
>>17120466
There's no secret- you just tell them. It's not going to be fun, or easy. Expect people to knee-jerk react, but more often then not they'll come around. Don't rely on other people for your happiness, get the help you need, get it on your own if you need to. Hope this helps, and you feel better OP. Be honest with yourself and your emotions, you'll thank me later.
>>
>>17120580
Oh god, I know that feeling. It's going to be okay anon, but you *need* to ask for help. Remember how you were saying you were going to kill yourself? Well, you could literally die if you don't.

I can't do it for you, and nobody else can either. You need to work it out for yourself.

Start by talking to a doctor. Meds can really help with anxiety, at least temporarily.

You'll be okay, but you need to at least make the decision to start asking for help right now.
>>
>>17120602
This is why I want to tell this girl. I'm pretty sure she will make me get help before she leaves. But I don't know how to let her in. I've been fighting this alone for so long...
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.