[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
well /adv/ i just fucked up my entire first year of community
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: Well_Well_Well.png (292 KB, 491x326) Image search: [Google]
Well_Well_Well.png
292 KB, 491x326
well /adv/

i just fucked up my entire first year of community college. my GPA is trash. probably a low 2.0 or even high 1.0.

how fucked am i? do i have any chance of becoming an engineer of any sorts or is that a joke considering my grades? if i work hard and redo every class i fucked up in, would i still have a chance?

please help.
>>
Depends on the college. Some will allow you to have them completely removed from your record, meaning you will have to start over. Or they won't, check with the administration to see if you can.
Why'd you fuck up OP?
>>
File: Man in the glass.jpg (815 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Man in the glass.jpg
815 KB, 1000x1333
>>17120048
GPA isn't everything contrary to popular belief. What's more important is your experience and how good you are at socializing/networking. Within reason of course, you'll definitely need to put some more work in on your grade.

But considering it's your first year, I wouldn't worry about it mate. My first year I ended up failing majority of my classes and having to do repeats for all of them. Got my shit together during the summer and scored pretty well in year 2, ended up bagging an IBM internship during year 2's summer[not due to grades but due to me going all out with networking].
>>
>>17120048
I just transferred from a community college to UCLA. If you have F's you can simply petition to retake the class and count the higher grade on your transcript. If you got C's your absolutely fucked. That's gonna hurt your GPA forever and will have to work harder to fix. The reason is that a C is considered passing, so you can't petition to remove it & it just shows that you understood the material and were a lazy fuck.

Next time shit gets bad, withdrawal from the course ( don't make it a habit) but keep up that GPA. It's the most important and determining item when it comes to transferring.

>>17120067
>GPA isn't everything contrary to popular belief
Yes it is. He's at a community college. GPA is the most important thing when it comes to transferring to a decent uni.
>>
>>17120065
i'm not prepared at all and basically my family is forcing me to go to college when i can barely handle stress at all. it's all coming in so fast, school, working at the same time, car insurance bills (theyre fucking expensive) and i just cant bring myself to be organized. plus ive been really depressed lately and i have no motivation ever.

apparently if i redo classes it'd replace the grade completely, but it'll still be on my record that i did retake the class.

>>17120067
>ended up bagging an IBM internship during year 2's summer
oh fuck, that sounds so cool man. IBM sounds like a dream job. thanks for saying that man, i really appreciate it. i'm feeling anxious as fuck right now and that made me feel better.

>>17120070
and that made me feel worse. fuck. i have mostly Cs.
>>
>>17120075
SO you need 60 units to transfer. I assume you went full time at a minimum of 12 units. If you got C's in all of them, that's 4 classes. You'd have a 2.0 GPA right now. This means you have 20 more classes before you transfer. Assuming you get all A's, you would have a 3.8 by the end and transfer to w/e college you want. High tier college for sure, ivy league maybe no. You've got one more shot, don't fucking blow it.

College is easy, but it's a balancing act with life -- that's the hard part.
>>
How the fuck is your GPA that bad and still getting credits?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.