[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, I need some help here. Long post inc. . I'm 18
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 491785577954.jpg (11 KB, 379x379) Image search: [Google]
491785577954.jpg
11 KB, 379x379
Alright, I need some help here. Long post inc. .

I'm 18 years of age and am about to finish school at the end of this month. And this is where my problem begins, I don't know what I should do after that. I have close to no interests, I like playing vidya games and listening to music and just having a good time. I grew up bilingual and visited a grammar school, so I suppose I'd like to do something with languages but then again I have no idea if I should start studying right away or if I should go out and explore the world, I have nothing that would hold me back. I have come to dislike most of my friends and most of the people in my town, so I can fly solo.

My parents always told me I should stick to school to end up with a good job so I wont have to worry about money, I understand that but I would rather do something I really like, but I don't know what I would like to do. I've done a few job-tests to see what would fit me but I am either unqualified (mark average not good enough for that study) or I have no interest in that at all. How did you guys find out what you wanted to do? I don't want to wake up one day and think about how I threw my life away, the one chance I have at living. (Sounds like yolo, but it is true, you do only live once)

Any help would be appre
>>
That wasn't a long post. Unless, like your picture and last sentence, your post was cut off and there was more to add
>>
appreciated*
>>
>>17119923
I thought I had more to say, but I suppose that was all
>>
>>17119931

Ah well, it took me years and years, and thousands of dollars in loans to find out what I wanted. I quit to college major's halfway through because I went in without the research. You just have to look into your strengths and see what interests transfer over to a working environment. It's not an easy task at all.

Are you a qt black girl that needs a 27 year old bf btw?
>>
>>17119942
very sorry but im a scottlish lad in Germany ._. but ty and gl on your quest. boi
>>
>>17119956

tfw no qt black gf ._.
>>
It's really hard for me to give you some good advice, but trust me when I say that I've been there.

I won't tell my life story, but what I can say is: soner or later you'll have to chose something. You can delay it some years, or you can get it over with and travel the world later.

In my case I ended up choosing becoming a teacher. In 2017 I'll finish my degree. In total I've spent five years in collage, and two years in non-degree studies. Trust me when I say,: choose something and stick with it. I've wasted allot of time. People say: School is never time wasted, but it is. I've never made use of my travel studies or my philosophy studies. Becoming a teacher, though, is a job I really like, and a job I believe can make me happy throughout my life.
>>
>>17119980
So you would say I should just go with the flow until I can find something I am willing to stick at, as long as I dont start working by like the age of 35
>>
>>17120002
You'll have to take my advice with a pinch of salt. I don't have the answer that will work for you. All I can say is that I have allot of friends that have spend over 5 years in different college courses. "I'll try accounting, then quit. I'll be an historian, then quit. I'll be a lawyer, then quit". It's sad to see people, and friends, spend year after year in college without getting a degree. Waste of time and money.

In my case; I didn't want to sell things, I didn't want a job in advertising....... I found many things I didn't want to do. The common denominator was, the job wouldn't make me happy.

The reason I chose teaching, was trough this process. That was something I could see myself doing, something that could make me happy, bla, bla, bla.

And yeah, don't waste to much time. One of my friends finished his degree FOUR years ago. Now he's in Thailand training Thai Boxing and MMA. He saved enough money, and vacation time, to stay there for three fucking months. He's having the time of his life. I'm happy for him. He sends me Snaps all the time, and he smiling. He's and artist at heart, but ended up taking a degree as a sosial worker. He thought about getting an art degree, but now he don't care anymore. The work makes him happy, and the money he makes - makes him more happy. He's traveling the world, I'm not.

I'm stuck here. Not that it's wrong, but man. Thinking about the time I wasted working in a gass station, traveling Europe without money, working as an salesman.

Bla, bla, bla.

Just don't waste to much time. Yeah, like you say: "as long as I don't start working by like the age of 35"
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.