[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my landlord is lying, you agree?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: the %22water damage%22.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
the %22water damage%22.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
Hey anons, everyone is saying the same thing about this situation. If you agree that my landlord is lying it helps me a lot.

I rested my foot on the bathtub wall and it caved in easily. I shouldve told him but if I did we still would have refused to pay it and he would have ended the rent. When he found out he wanted me to give him 300 dollars to repair the damage the hole did. I think hes lying because its impossible that the crack would make all that water drip down in a 3 weeks time. Do you agree with me that he is lied to try to cover the costs? Oh and those buckets are filled with disgusting water.
>>
File: the %22hole%22.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
the %22hole%22.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
>>
>>17119631
I don't get what you want advice on, you gave us your side of the story, you admitted you fucked up
>I rested my foot on the bathtub wall and it caved in easily. I shouldve told him but if I did we still would have refused to pay it and he would have ended the rent. When he found out he wanted me to give him 300 dollars to repair the damage the hole did.
You broke something, you didn't tell him, the damage carried on and affected other areas of the property.

If you rested your foot and it caved in, there might have been something that caused the damage e.g. mould.
As far as he knows, you booted the hole in it and stayed quiet, continuing to use the facilities which would have caused water to get into it.

tl;dr you fucked up and are at fault, the high court of /adv/ isn't going to help, appeal if you like, but you are in the wrong and will only incur more costs.
Next time report any faults that you find and don't leave other people's property fucked up.
>>
>>17119631
I agree it's incredibly unlikely that crack is where the water came from that made that kind of water damage.

Has he already fixed it?

If not, test it yourself. That crack could only even collect water from a running shower, but then it would only get misted.

That looks like a hole from a continuous drip, is water dripping when the tub isn't even running? If so, it's the pipes.

Run the tub and see if any water drips down.

There should also be an access panel behind the plumbing (you may have to go to the opposite wall to get to it). If you look behind that you might see where the water's coming from. I'd bet it's a valve before it's that crack.

Unless maybe the whole tile was chipped off and water was flowing down the wall into the hole and you just popped the piece back in for the photo.
>>
My father is a landlord and I assist him in various repair. Bathroom damage is a serious matter. The smallest crack can cause water damage in remote parts of the building due to water condensing inside the walls and following down pipes. It has often happened that we found water dripping down a wall and we re-did the caulk/sealant of the whole bathroom of the floor above just to be sure to cover whatever is causing the issue, which might be so small that it is invisible to our eyes. We would be pissed the fuck off if a client knew about bathroom damage and did not inform us. You should have informed the landlord.

With that said, it is still not confirmed that you are responsible for this particular damage. I recommend that you check if the water is dripping in that area when someone takes a shower in your bathroom, or right after someone takes a shower. If it does not drip when your shower is in use, and if it randomly drips during other circumstances, then there is a fat chance that it is something else which is causing this particular water damage.
>>
if the waters really filter from that crack, the water inside the bucket would be almost clean. Anyway I see water damages every day (part of my job as loss adjuster) and it's very unlikely that it would pass through that crack.
>>
>>17119756
The water could easily collect dust and dirt when dripping between two floors.
>>
>>17119756
>if the waters really filter from that crack, the water inside the bucket would be almost clean
>I see water damages every day (part of my job as loss adjuster)

You are either lying or there was a really small pool of applicants for your job.
The amount of shit in walls etc is unreal, water dripping down it would bring all kinds or dusts and filth with it.
>>
>>17119788

Here in Italy where I work if there is a leak like that I can assure you that the water is clean. I don't know where this house it's located but when the water is dirty and smelly it's almost always a sewer pipe broken.
>>
>>17119800
Perhaps you only worked on homes of decent quality. If a wall can be dirty, if a ceiling can be dirty, then dripping water can be dirty.
>>
>>17119831

Well, I just wanted to give my humble opinion :) anyway I think calling a plumber will settle this thing for good, because he will tell you for sure from where the water exactly come from.
>>
>>17119800
I don't think you understand.
The water may be clean, but the surfaces it passes over in between the walls isn't, there can very well be many years worth of dust and filth in there.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.