[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm part asian (You probably need to know this) I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Dreams and Hopes..jpg (54 KB, 546x896) Image search: [Google]
Dreams and Hopes..jpg
54 KB, 546x896
I'm part asian (You probably need to know this)

I'm 28 never finished college, I've been having a bad streak in employment. As in getting fired rather early on.
My asian dad wants me to go back to college...
I hate this, I am wanting to go back to college but, I have no idea what I want to get a degree in. Why can't I unfuck myself? This makes depressed to the point where I want to end my life.
Advice please?
>>
>>17119239
Why are you getting fired?
>>
>>17119245
First job I was late one too many times.
Second job I wasn't meeting their quota.
Third Job, I applied to a place I had no experience in and the boss just hated me.

I realize I'm not very good at physical labor and I feel like I'm not good at anything.
>>
>>17119239
Are you me? I'm about to drop out aswell any tips bro?
>>
>>17119268
Well Don't fear living in a homeless shelter, its a scary thought but, being there can teach you a good life lesson.
Oh and learn what you're good and bad at, stay the fuck away from what you are bad at unless you are determined to get better at it.
>>
>>17119262
So your work ethic sucks?

College isn't going to help that.

Tell that to dad.
>>
>>17119272
Thanks man, I guess If I'd have advice for you about degrees, I'd say ask /biz/ some people recommend electrical engineering but honestly you'd be better of trying to do a degree you enjoy.
>>
>>17119281
Well, that's part of it but, I feel like a constant failure. How do I not be a fuck up?
>>
>>17119282
From what other people told me about college is that Apathy is a mindkiller, It will kill all your motivation to do anything.
That's what I'm going to keep in mind.
>>
>>17119239
Drive a truck instead and run away from all your problems.
>>
>>17119321
>>17119321
How much does it pay?
>>
>>17119239
Going to college is the best decision you can make in your life. This is assuming that you actually learn something and not just fuck around.

So let's assume you finish college in 5 years, being generous here. Now you're 33 years old.You haven't worked for 5 years, assuming you made the average salary, that's 100K USD worth of cash you missed out on.

Well now let's say you majored in something useful, like accounting. Now you're making an average salary of 40-60k, in 3 years time you make up the cash you had missed during those 5 years plus 20k... See that's how long term investments work. By the time you're 45 you'll have made enough to buy a house, anywhere from 400-600k, wheras working labor you'd have made half of that. It even pays itself because you'll probably spare yourself the back trouble.
>>
>>17119360
Yeah whatever thing I take up in college, I'll be sure that its useful. I've seen plenty of people fail life because of some bullshit degree.

So off to college I go then, I seriously hope I make a good desk type worker. I feel so fucked.
>>
>>17119325
$35k to start. I was making $100k by my third year.
>>
>>17119385
You won't regret it, even if you take loans and get into debt you'll still come out on top in the long run. If you find that you're really good at college get yourself a masters, it's only 2 years long and it gives you heavy weight momentum that can take you higher in your career.
>>
>>17119403
So is there anything similar to accounting that pays more or less the same?
I know I don't want any women's studies horseshit degree that won't land me any job.
What are a few of the good degrees?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.