[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to get over the suicide of a friend.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: catmi.jpg (122 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
catmi.jpg
122 KB, 640x480
PIC UNRELATED. So i haven't experienced something like that, actually i'm planning my suicide.

No one will care, i'm not really loved. I'm the typical person who everybody seem to like, but not that much to care or love. Not even with my family.

But i have this friend of mine, the only one i have. We are not best friends, i mean we don't talk about our thoughts or feelings. We just chill and laugh about silly things. I know he appreciates me. I'm a little bit worried about him, i want to make sure he will get over this fast.

Should i say goodbye? Should i bring up the topic? Leave a letter?
>>
>>17119214
He will not get over this fast and the fact that you care shows there's still enough basic humanity left in you that you're not truly ready to off yourself.

If you really wanted to kill yourself, you wouldn't bother typing up a post on a Faroese whaling board. You would've fucking done it, no concern for those around you.
>>
>>17119214
When I was a kid, third grade, I met my first friend in the new school district I moved to. I was friends with him from third grade until 11th grade when I changed schools. We would have sleepovers, play video games all night, this was over 25 years ago.

Anyways, I found out about 10 years ago he killed himself. Even though I didn't see him after 11th grade, I still think about him from time to time. It's still sad to me. He was a decent kid.

You're friend will likely not get over it and you'll hurt him emotionally.
>>
>>17119214
Call the hotline.

We literally don't care.
>>
I've got a friend in a bad situation right now who has shared with me their thoughts of suicide as a means of escape from their situation.

It's not easy to hear that. It's not an easy thing to see, either. When I was quite young, I remember my father tucking me in, and giving me his voice recorder to play with. I awoke to my mother crying, and police in both the house, and in the back yard with the side door to the garage wide open. I was 5 years old, I didn't know what they were doing. I didn't know why my mother was crying, and I assumed that my father was at work. Well, I suppose seeing somebody hanging from a belt, swaying lifelessly with clouded eyes from the middle of a garage is simple enough even for a 5 year old to understand.

Maybe it was easier for me, being so young at the time. I've had plenty of time to wrap my head around the situation. I wouldn't say it affects me much less. Suicide has been a really big thing in both my life, and my friend's life as well. I believe that she's been smart enough to realize just how much it affects people until this point, that's probably one of the few things that's been keeping her going.

Really, I guess this is as much a question of what your friend could say to you as what you could say to your friend.

It's difficult for me. On one hand, I think suicide should be a freedom we're allowed. On the other, I'd rather give up most of my life if it meant that a friend wouldn't have to resort to that. If it meant that I as their friend could've done something for them. If it meant that my opinion mattered. If I couldn't do that, I know I'd blame myself. I'd never want to sit by and watch as somebody that I respect ends their life because they think that nobody cares. I care, damn it. I don't think they could ever say anything to persuade me otherwise.

So Anon, what can I do to help you enjoy life? What can I do to make you excited about something, to want to stay on this earth with me, and experience all it has?
>>
Ok finally I wanted to say I LOVE EVERYONE I LOVE THE POSITIVITY surrounding me and feeling my soul in infinity forever.
Love yourself. Believe me, get yourself out of society and find your peace in yourself. LOVE yourself. Appreciate it to the fullest!
<3

Love to you :) I really hope you will find the inner peace I did
>>
>>17119214
Dude look, if you're gonna kill yourself just get it over with already. Once you die all of those problems you have will go away, this includes your friend. SO it's really pointless to be considerate of him because you'll cease to exist and probably won't have a conscience anymore to worry about your friend.

Also from his point of view, you aren't the center of his world so it's not like he'll not be able to go on living without you. Just end yourself now and don't worry about your friend, he'll be alright.
>>
EVERYONE can find peace, so just give it a try. Just love yourself. I wish I could fucking share the beauty of life with you, because life is so FUCKING beautiful omg
ITS JUST LIKE luck, positivity, happyness, peace is inside you. You just have to discover that from time to time, and up to the point where you finally believe it. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. BELIEVE IN NO GOD, NO MONEY, NO CARS OR WHATEVER. All that matter is YOU!
>>
>>17119214
So many people in this thread care only about not feeling bad themselves. It's a damn shame to see so little compassion towards the person actually considering suicide.

Story time. I had a close friend who I knew for about 4.5 years commit suicide. No talking about, no note. His family, though split was supportive, and I and another guy were supportive of him as well. I've seen people with a lot less not commit suicide, even if it's only through their own fear of doing it rather than wanting to live.

Thinking back, my mind tried to make me feel better by reminding me he always like our mutual friend more than me (he did, but still a shitty thing to think about after he's dead). I describe (to myself only) as "half the man I am" and "not even a third the man our mutual friend is", just because while my own life is crap, at least I CAN make something out of it, and even if I meet the same fate at least I will have tried first.

Overall, if you plan on doing it, you should bring up the topic with him, but, how explicitly depends on how close you are to doing it. No matter what at least leave a note as detailed as you can make it. It would have meant so much to me to have gotten one from my friend.
>>
Thank you to all of you. You are all right.

I appreciate your experiences so much, really.

No, i'm not an attention seeker, and i've already tried to hang myself this week. I failed on failing, how ironic.

There's my friend, i care. Just because i want to end my pain doesn't mean i'm a robot or something that doesn't feel or think. I'm also not a monster for considering suicide, i'm taking care of myself. I think of him because i'm grateful for the good moments we have.

>>17119350
Your experience and words resonated with me so much. Thank you. I think you get the complexity of this shitty situation, there's some kind of selfishness and fear within the one who leaves, but also within the one who stays. There's no black and white and both parts matter.

I would reply to everybody but I just want to say thank you. Even you, the one that literally doesn't care.

I'm really trying to get better but nothing seems to work. I think my option is to try to build a stronger relationship with my friend, I feel worthless but I would feel worse if i know i'm hurting someone i care for. I don't know...it wouldn't matter in the end as one of you wisely said because all my problems will go away including him, so my worries are pointless too.

My mind is a contradiction right now.

I don't know how to express myself anymore.

I'm full of sadness, anger, frustration, fear, loneliness. I'm full of emptiness.

I think i'll talk to him, as one of you said too, no matter what he needs to know he is important.

I believe i won't leave my suicidal thoughts or even attempts, because depression is a bitch. I wish i could see life as you do.

Thank you for your time and your words.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.