[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
just been taken aside and informed by a supervisor at work that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Dino-thunder-black-ranger.png (89 KB, 384x434) Image search: [Google]
Dino-thunder-black-ranger.png
89 KB, 384x434
just been taken aside and informed by a supervisor at work that a few colleagues have mentioned that I smell, he asked if I use deodorant and everything.

obviously I'm pretty shocked, I shower every morning and all that jazz, so I bought some Lynx bodyspray and body wash straight after work. I think partially it's because I work at Argos, and as such have to carry large packages around fairly frequently, but it's still a cause for concern.

any tips for keeping myself presentable from a smell point-of-view? And is it likely that all my colleagues loathe me, including the ones I'm friends with?
>>
>>17119130
>And is it likely that all my colleagues loathe me, including the ones I'm friends with?

If none of them would even tell you that they smell but went to their boss instead then...man, it sounds like you aren't actually friends with any of them. That sucks.

Also, lynx bodyspray will just make you smell of Lynx and whatever BO you happen to be reeking of.

Do you use deodorant in your actual armpits?
>>
>>17119130
I'm in the same situation.

I work in a similar job and from the moment I start working til I leave for the day: I sweat non-stop. To the point that I have to take a gym bag with extra t-shirts and underwear to change into when my clothes become so soaked with sweat. It feels like I jumped into a pool (actually it's so bad one time someone asked me if I had jumped in a pool).

And, yes, I do get that very rancid sour smell after a few hours. THANKFULLY i only had a few coworkers that are never around me but if they were is imagine they wouldn't be too pleased with the smell!

So really I don't care, because theres nobody to complain. But for you I would just spray that Lynx stuff under your shirt every few hours to atleast mask the odor.

Best of luck!
>>
>>17119152
Not OP but I wear deodorant every day.

That's not the smell I get. It's the sweat that smells so bad.
>>
The effort required to fully suppress body odor is far greater than the effort required to make it pleasant.

The hygiene tower starts from the bottom. Are you leading a healthy lifestyle? Are you deficient in any vitamins or minerals? Are you showering and bathing regularly? Are you washing your clothes properly and thoroughly? How much deodorant do you wear, and does it mix well with your natural scent? Do you wear more than one scented product?

Have you tried wearing more breathable clothing to reduce the likely-hood of perspiration as you work?
>>
is it worth putting on some aftershave?
>>
>>17119130
normal people have deoderant roll on or spray in the bag, for situations where they are sweating. How degenerate can you be to not know you smell like shit.
>>
Buy a clinical deodarant. More expensive ($7 a stick) but it should do the trick.
Put some across your chest too.

Honestly, I work at a place where we all sweat and it's not a good smell but no one complains because we all know it's cause we're busting our asses doing hard labor.

Not sure what an argos is but if you sweat a lot, work stank is inevitable.
>>
>>17119178
people are naturally used to their own scent so often don't find it malodorous

if you notice that you smell that's really bad since others would have noticed it long before you
>>
>>17119130

Are you fat?

I work at a factory where we have some amounts of manual labour during a shift, all the fat guys smell rancid after half a workday
>>
Nah senpai, I'm skinny.
>>
>>17119170
Also: WATER WATER WATER. I know guys don't eat 'em much but vegetables too. Maybe you're not like the lucky dudes who can eat nothing but meat and have their body chemistry still smell nice.
>>
>>17119130

What soaps do you use?
>>
>>17119130
Shave your pits and genitals. Rub talcum powder on your pits and feet after a shower, and on your pits whenever you feel like you might smell bad.
>>
>>17119726
just like a generic plain supermarket bar of soap, thinking about it, it only seems to cover up the BO somewhat, rather than implement an actively nice new smell.
>>
First. Buy deodorant that is OIL/LIPID based, NOT alcohol based (like Old Spice). These deodorants evaporate in 30 minutes because of the low boiling point.

If you're going to get a perfume, make sure it is also an OIL based perfume so it lasts. Furthermore, oil based fragrance smell significantly better and less...punishing on the nose. So skip Lynx/Axe. Buy some REAL fragrance so you don't look like a fucking spic chulo doused in shitty deodorant spray.

Also, shave your pubes. Wash your asscrack THOROUGHLY everytime you shower. Drink more water; try to keep your urine close to clear; keep a water bottle with you at all times and sip throughout your day.
>>
>>17119977

So to me it sounds like you don't wash properly, you weren't even using antiperspirant (since you had to go out and buy body spray), and you weren't putting on a fresh new shirt every morning since you wear a uniform.
>>
eh, I was using bodyspray actually, I just felt the urge to stock up as evidently what I was using wasn't working.

with regards to my shirts, desu I only work weekends (three hours per day) so I wasn't overly concerned with keeping fresh.

how do I wash my asscrack though?
>>
Take this from a chronic sweater like seriously I can sweat in aircon when everyone is covering up keep do DO on you your close around, I keep some in my car, I don't mind my smell and some girls like it ;) but always good practice if you sweat heaps to put it on every few hours. And if you really bad antiperserants don't do anything but make your sweat stick.
Diet and confidence also effects the smell of your sweat
>>
I'm a fucking autist. In my aforementioned panic after leaving work, I bought fucking Lynx Peace deodorant and bodywash. I am genuinely going to smell even worse.

Recommend me some good showering products available in the UK (store specific if possible) from the ground up guys. I'm having a breakdown over this.
>>
>>17120215

You don't need to overthink this shit. Just don't buy the cheapest soap you possibly can that won't lather up properly and will dry out your skin. It's just soap at the end of the day -- it's all doing the same stuff when it comes to hygiene.

The Lynx body wash will probably fine. Just make sure to get a good lather going in a hot shower and really scrub at your pits and arse. If you can still smell BO after a shower you are not washing properly.

What's very important is that you stop buying 'body spray' and start buying 'antiperspirant'. Body spray does nothing.

Showering thoroughly every day, using enough antipersperant, and clean clothes is more than enough for most people.

If you don't wear clean clothes you will stink though. Dirty clothes are soaked with bacteria from your body.

If you have a deeper issue with sweating you probably need to make sure you keep cool, that you get fit, that you eat better, and wearing loose fitting cotton underwear.

In hotter months I usually keep some baby powder with me and use it to freshen up and remove swamp crotch when it gets too much.
>>
>>17119130
Wash your ads after you deuce. Carry a small pack of flushable baby wipes
>>
Hey OP, one immediate comment - you said you wear LYNX?

Yeah, cut that out straight away, or at least, you need to wear it on top of something else.

You need to get some actual anti-perspirant - some stuff that STOPS you sweating, not just smells nice.

Advice - go to Boots. They do a £1 can of their own brand anti-perspirant (make sure it's labeled "anti-perspirant" - they do a range of deodorant that looks almost the same but that's NOT what you want) - ask a member of staff if necessary, it'll be tucked at the corner of one shelf in the men's section.

Buy 4-5 of those and use them every day, and as you work a manual job, use them at lunchtime too. See how you are in 2 weeks.
>>
>>17120215
There's nothing wrong with Lynx bodywash; all body wash is much of a muchness really. I recommend Radox but only because it's cheap.

Main thing is to really scrub under your pits. You want to remove all of the crusty, sweaty, deodorant-y crap from there so it's clean before you put new deodorant on - otherwise you're chasing bad smells with good, and that's no use.
>>
>>17119130

Look pal, 99% of why you stink is your diet. Why the fuck do you think Indians are notorious for stinking. Everything everyone else said in this thread is just stupid band aid bullshit.

Humans don't naturally stink. 99% your diet, 1% your piss poor hygeine
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.