[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is getting into debt the only way to work abroad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1461540034410.png (83 KB, 499x1298) Image search: [Google]
1461540034410.png
83 KB, 499x1298
>24 years old and live in England
>Have 20k in savings
>Applied and got accepted into engineering degree programs starting September
>Have traveled and stayed in America for 3 months in the past with friends
>Ultimately wish to move to US/CA permanently

While I'm at school I will be getting zero funding from family and will be amassing huge amounts of debt. My goal is to move to the US and it seems like there is no way to get there without having a degree and getting an employer to sponsor you which is difficult in of itself. I'd much prefer to save my money and have no debt but be able to make it over there with an income, but I don't see how this is possible without a greencard marriage, which is not an option.

Do I really have to get myself into huge amounts of debt to be eligible for skilled visas?
>>
File: immigration-flow-chart.jpg (2 MB, 2448x1584) Image search: [Google]
immigration-flow-chart.jpg
2 MB, 2448x1584
>>17119121
sorry to burst your bubble on this but no employer will sponsor you as a recent graduate, it is extremely costly and time consuming for the employer (taking 3-5 YEARS) and they need to prove to the government that they tried to find an american for that position but couldn't. Obviously as a recent graduate with no experience that would not happen.

Your only option to moving to America if you don't have family there is a greencard marriage.
>>
>>17119306

>no employer will sponsor you as a recent graduate, it is extremely costly and time consuming for the employer (taking 3-5 YEARS)

They seem to be totally fine employing indians and chinese
>>
>>17119326
That's because they work for so little (the shameless bastards) it's still profitable to pay for their sponsorship due to the savings in wages.
>>
>>17119326
they employ them in their home countries, they don't sponsor them to come to america

that way they only have to pay them a third world wage
>>
Is there nothing similar for Europeans?

I really don't mind a shitty wage, I can get by with frugal living.
>>
one last bump since its now prime us hours
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.