[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here's the deal: - 21 years old college student (school
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160507_122117.jpg (505 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160507_122117.jpg
505 KB, 1024x682
Here's the deal:

- 21 years old college student (school paid for)
- Approx $4,000 in debt.
- Make approx $1000 - $1200 a month.
- Pay approx $450 for my half of rent includ. utilities.
- Want to buy a house (because rent goes toward nothing)

Is it worth it now to start saving for a house?
When did you buy your first house anon?

Any regrets?

What helped you save money?

Please share you experience me anon.
>>
>>17118804
>Is it worth it now to start saving for a house?

Always. Also you need to be putting money into retirement accounts.

>When did you buy your first house anon?

When I turned 30. I had been in my career job for 5 years and had no other debts and I had great credit.

>Any regrets?

Nope.

>What helped you save money?

Living within my means. Always putting away at least a thousand dollars a month for house and retirement savings. I'm a pretty boring person. I don't enjoy going places for vacation and I only go out and do something "big" a couple times a month. By big, I mean a concert or something like that. So I have very few leisure expenses/needs.

>Please share you experience me anon.

You need to be completely sure you want to remain where you are. reselling your home is a pain in the dick. Do not purchase a home if you think for even a second that you will want to move or pursue lofty goals in some other city. For me, I knew I always wanted to stay in the city I graduated college in. I will fight to stay here, even if I lose my current job. That made me secure in purchasing a home, because I knew I had no desire to go anywhere else. I will only move if I simply cannot find work in the future.

Also, do not purchase a home until you have been secure in your career job for at least a year. After a year, you can breathe a sigh of relief that your employer doesn't hate you. You can still get the axe at any time, especially if you're in an industry that's very vulnerable to downsizing/economic loss. But that's for you to decide.
>>
>>17118819
Thanks anon. That the possibility of moving later on is something I hadn't considered.
>>
>>17118819
How did you decide to stay in that city? I'm a military brat transient great recession kid with crippling debt who can't find a place I want to stay in. I've lived many places.
>>
Pay attention to housing markets.

Foreign cash is making a number of housing markets inflate. In a decade or two, they'll collapse, and your "$400,000" house will turn into $200,000, and you'll have effectively pissed 200k into the wind.
>>
>>17118947
PREAAAAAACCCHHH

Denver, Colorado - you want me to pay $400K for what? What in the actual fuck?
>Head down the University
>What the hell where did all of these asians come from?
>Look at foreign investment into downtown
>MY GOD they're coming for us everywhere!
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.