[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to deal with grief
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: imissyousomuch.jpg (54 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
imissyousomuch.jpg
54 KB, 540x960
This is a photo of my dog Duddley.
I got him when I was 11 and I grew up with him. He had his quirks, with his underbite and he only had one nut. He hated walking on wet grass and loved ice cubes. He was a cat-dog, a princess boy as we'd call him.
I came home on Monday to him laying on tummy on the floor. At first nothing seemed wrong because he was laying how he usually does, however he usually greets anyone who comes down our drive away at the door 'singing'/howling which he didnt do this time.
After giving him a pat, I noticed he wasnt moving his legs and he didnt try to sit up when I came to him. I tried to prop him into a sitting position and he just flopped onto the ground. Panicking I call my mother over and she tries to get him to sit/stand and he flops onto this belly once more. We call the vet (this was around 7pm monday night) to which she tells us that we could bring him in now, but they wouldnt do anything for him until the next morning and from what we've described it sounds like hes been bitten by a whip snake which the symptoms will pass in time, or possibly has a tick.
>>
We get him on his bed, hes happily looking around and eating his ice cubes. He loved icecubes and prawns. Frozen prawns were his absolute favourite. We go over him looking for a tick which we didnt find, so we watch him and my mother takes him to the vet the next morning which is my birthday.
After waiting 6 hours for a call the vet finally calls and tells us there is something wrong with his spine, a disk has slipped out of place and he cant walk. He feels no pain, he can feel his feet being touched he just cant move them. There 2 options, the first is paying 7k+ on a operation where the chances are roughly 50/50 of him recovering. The second is putting him on medication which would hopefully help get him back on his feet. Our family isnt wealthy and we couldnt afford the 7k for an operation so mum opts for the meds. We go get him, put him on his bed and his breathing is a little labored which the vet said can be a side affect to the medication. He seems happy otherwise, we give him his ice cubes and some love.
We wake up the next morning and he's passed on. I feel like he held on until my birthday had passed.
I'm writing this so every animal owner doesnt take their pets for granted. It only took 2 days for my friend to be here, then not. It still feels surreal that he's gone, every time I come home I except to see him through the screen door waiting for me. How do I deal with this? I keep crying.
Please, go hug your pets. I wish I could.
>>
>>17118434

Sleep tight, pupper.
>>
You gave him a good life OP. Take solace in that.
>>
>>17118434
I'm really sorry. Your dog knew how much you loved him.
>>
>>17118441
>>17118450
I am so worried he was scared because noone was with him when he passed
>>
>>17118457
I'm sure it was just like going to sleep for him
>>
File: 7947371_orig.jpg (67 KB, 655x800) Image search: [Google]
7947371_orig.jpg
67 KB, 655x800
I'm so sorry OP, Be strong, Duddley want you to be happy. You dont have to feel worried, I thhink he would understand. He is at a better place,If you believe in anything like that. Eating lots of ice cubes and frozen prawns in the big meadows across rainbow bridge
>>
Dudley was a good boy OP. He was your good boy. You need to let yourself feel the sadness.
>>
Time. That's all.

Everyone copes in different ways. Don't punish yourself. You don't really "get over" the death of a pet, but you learn to cope and move forward.
>>
>>17118434
>>>/f/acebook
>>
File: Heimdall_an_der_Himmelsbrücke.jpg (352 KB, 752x684) Image search: [Google]
Heimdall_an_der_Himmelsbrücke.jpg
352 KB, 752x684
>>17118479
>that pussy ass poem about a rainbow leading to food and water and warm spring weather
Fuck that shit. Bifröst is the burning rainbow bridge that leads to Asgard, the realm of the nordic gods, where Duddley is partying with Thor and Odin for all eternity.
>>
>>17119761
>>>/b/
>>>/r9k/
>>>/reddit/
>>>/filthyfrank/

being edgy is fun in those places, have fun finding where you belong since society barely accepts you as it is m8~
>>
>>17119794
until it gets eaten by a giant serpent that is
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.