[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a friend who is a blast to hang out with he is unreal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1462153810618.jpg (162 KB, 1041x1711) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462153810618.jpg
162 KB, 1041x1711
I have a friend who is a blast to hang out with he is unreal smart and tells great stories and funny jokes but literally everything he says is a lie he just can't help himself.

I care about this person he always makes my day better and often offers deeply insightful comments but when it comes to anything about himself I've known him long enough he always makes something up on the spot and he seems to have next to no empthay for other people

Is there anything I can do for him?
>>
I feel like I know this guy
>>
>>17117734
What are his initials?

Also, if you really want to help him, call him out on his shit. You said he was pretty smart and often gives insight, so just be honest with him.
>>
This person was me. I never accepted myself for who I am. I never accepted the fact that what I am is OK. I also never realized that people knew I was lying so I kept going. It wasn't until I reflected on it one day that I realized something was wrong with me. I didn't lie to hurt anyone. I only lied about little shit to make me seem more eventful and cool because I wanted attention and approval. Call him out on it or understand that his intentions arent malicious and take everything he says with a grain of salt.
>>
I've had friends like this. They're the life of the party, and can be the best of friends... but in the end they're like a double edged sword.

He's probably got some kind of deep issues, and if you call him out on it he's more likely to lash out at you, or recoil away. Tread carefully.
>>
>>17117734
I'm the same way

you pretty much can't fix it but telling him you know he's lying will help

assuming he's like me it's hard for him to distinguish what is true and what isn't sometimes

the first thing that comes to his mind might be a story or it might not and he says it before he has a chance to think about it
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.