[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello advice. So anyways, I'm 28 years old and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: and dexter said.png (189 KB, 448x335) Image search: [Google]
and dexter said.png
189 KB, 448x335
Hello advice.

So anyways, I'm 28 years old and I'm smart. I have an IQ of 184, I graduated high school with a score of 98/100, I am a brilliant person who people look up to, and I can solve most problems I face with a calm and calculated attitude. Which of course has paid off, literally, by making me well-off financially.

However, I know next to nothing about women. In high school I was more interested in learning things than the girls who, looking back, had a thing for me. I just went on my first date, in my late twenties, a week ago. We just had dinner at Pizza Hut(I offered better restaurants but thats what she wanted). We talked about things, mostly about her because I think I read somewhere that girls like a good listener, though I said about two things about myself. Shes a waitress so when I tipped the waiter 8 dollars for a 22 dollar meal, she said I was really nice. Upon leaving, she walked up to me, and I shook her hand. I kicked myself after she left for that instead of hugging her. I then called her 3 days later(because my friends said wait 2-3 days and not call the next day) and left a voice mail that I enjoyed it, then said have a good day.

What did I do wrong? What did I do right? When should I ask for another date? Shes about a 4/10 or 5/10, but I like her a lot.
>>
You'll die alone because you're a fag, if this isn't bait.
>>
>>17117379
This isn't bait and I'm not a homosexual.

All of this is 100% legit.

I've been trying to get dates since I was 22, but to no avail until recently.
>>
>>17117377
>>17117383
>graduated high school
wow whoop the fucking do
Intelligence can't just be applied like that, you're a complete retard when it comes to women and with this attitude neither this girl or anyone else is gonna get close to you
>>
Keep at it, itll work out. Be honest with the girls and with yourself, enjoy.
>>
>>17117392
I am quite humble in person. The two things I told her was that I was dieting and lost 40 pounds since christmas(when she asked what I been up to), and that I remember going to that pizza hut when I was about 5.
>>
>>17117398
No humble person would start asking for advice like that, my friend.
>>
>>17117395
When should I ask for another date?

When should I start worrying about sex?
>>
>>17117401
Well, I'd say thanks for the advice, but you've done nothing but bring me down.

Friend.

Sorry that not everyone on 4chan is a normie like you.
>>
File: 1400201153331.jpg (141 KB, 586x614) Image search: [Google]
1400201153331.jpg
141 KB, 586x614
>>17117411

Your intelligence will solve this problem
>>
>>17117416
You sound really aggressive, like I hit a nerve or something.

Its fine. Some of us are the thinkers and some of us are the workers. We both make the world go round, my man.
>>
>>17117379
Nah I can tell it's not bait.

The guy who makes the bait threads uses more taboo topics.
>>
>>17117428
Maybe you can answer my question? Did I do anything wrong at the date, and when do I ask for another?
>>
>>17117377
Ignore the trolls. They're jealous because none of them have ever spoken to a real live girl.

You did nothing "wrong". You may have been a little slow in doing some "right" things, but it's nothing to beat yourself up for.

What you describe is a perfectly typical first date. You chose dinner so you'd have the chance to chat, you went where she wanted, you listened to her and kept up a conversation, and you followed up.

What you might have done a little better: Talked a little more about you, to let her get to know you better. Made a move toward a second date ("This was fun. You mentioned liking art. Would you like to go to the museum sometime soon?"). Gone in for that hug. Texted her that evening ("Just checking that you got home safe. Thanks again for a nice evening.") Not just said thanks in your voice message but suggested the next date.

None of those is anything to beat yourself up over. Don't give up on yourself - or on her.
>>
>>17117377
alright OP if this isn't bait I'm sure you're a bit of a goof but you'll survive. While its not good to act rashly, you don't have to be so tactical in every move you make.
>>
>>17117445
>Just checking that you got home safe. Thanks again for a nice evening.
>Made a move toward a second date
I'll remember this
> Not just said thanks in your voice message but suggested the next date.
Didn't want to ask over the voice mail, wanted it to be live, yakno? More intimate.

Thanks.

I didn't go in for the hug cause I was afraid I'd come off as a creeper wanting a hug.
>>
>>17117423
Thats not even me
One thing is being a normie and one thing is not having a shred of humility and then wonder why "the crazed females" don't want you
>>
Make on move on the first date, i hate to say the alpha beta bs, but dude if it went well you should at least try for a kiss, if you hug you just friend zoned the shit out of yourself. I wish i had friends like you sometimes cause i wanna help and kinda blow your mind how easy it is, #1 rule is always dont care
>>
>>17117377
The problem with a lot of really smart people is that they base their whole character/personality around being really smart and a lot of essential development is missed. Such is the case with you OP, you've missed out on crucial emotional development and now you're floundering. Lucky for you that you're only 28 and have miles of life ahead of you to work on yourself. You say wealth is no problem? Go take a discovery trip, cliche i know but explore places you've always had a fancy for, get comfy with new places and people in general. Fuck this girl off man, if shes a 4/10 or 5/10 she is not even worth your time, maybe a root but that's all, don't anchor yourself. Also please OP use your brains to do something great for humanity otherwise you're no better than a really smart janitor.
>>
>>17117470
Never said such a thing, nice projection though.
>>
>>17117377
People in their late 20s with sky-high IQs tend to have more to brag about than their high school grades. You know, like advanced degrees or career accomplishments or anything anybody cares about past age 20. They are also usually more competent writers than you seem to be.

I don't believe you're that smart, or that old (at least I hope you're not that old if you're still bragging about your high school grades.) Whether you're a troll or you're lying to feed your ego or something stupid like that, the next time you post here, please don't open your post with bullshit. That's why you've gotten so many replies like this
>>17117379
>>17117392
>>17117416
and so little actual advice.
>>
>>17117549
>>17117474
>if shes a 4/10 or 5/10 she is not even worth your time, maybe a root but that's all,
Looks don't matter that much to me.

Reading your advice, you guys sound like you're trying to just get me laid. I could have gotten laid a long time ago(i actually went to prom), I want something more than that.
>>17117673
>People in their late 20s with sky-high IQs tend to have more to brag about than their high school grades. You know, like advanced degrees or career accomplishments or anything anybody cares about past age 20.
I didn't want to go into detail about it.

Sorry I'm not like everyone else?
>>
>>17117806
Dude you're really starting to sound completely void of any social skills
>>
op im sorry you have to deal with this load of idiots tonight.

you didn't necessarily do anything wrong, but you didnt do enough right.

a woman wants a man that is in control. most people mis-attribute this to "confidence" but confidence should only convey that you are in control of the situation at hand. it is important that your decisions reflect what you want, and that you will work towards that goal.

for instance, if you want to have sex with a girl, you should be consistently engaging in more and more physical contact of a higher degree over time. i understand this is not your goal, however it is related, and just an analogy.

the 2-3 day thing is bullshit. if i had a nice time with a girl, and i think she had a nice time too, i will text her 5 minutes after seeing her and let her know exactly that. the 2-3 day thing is a fucking mindgame that is a manipulation tactic used on insecure people who need to validate their self worth. leaving a voicemail however is not really the way to go in todays age. texting is the best, it is very noncommittal and allows the girl to take things at her own pace.

you definitely should have hugged her. i know i mentioned sex earlier, but sex is a part of forming relationships, and it's important that she understands you see her in that light, although it is not your primary objective. she wants to feel validated as an individual. girls like a listener because it makes them feel like what they have to say is important. if you can make her feel validated, and show that you are a person who should be respected and who's opinion matters, everything else will fall into place naturally.

Leaving the tip was good because it shows a good part about your character, the money itself is irrelevant. You did good by suggesting a restaurant you liked, and then allowing her to choose, however next time make sure that you pick the place or you will seem like a pushover.

cont.
>>
>>17117830
Talking about her is also good, but make sure you interject things about yourself that relate to what is being said so that you gain "common interests" and seem more interesting.

You should have asked her on another date when you called her. At this point, i would send her a text that says "hey im free (insert day here) and id love to get together with you again if you're free"

it puts the ball in her court. if she says "oh im busy sorry" then you leave it at that, and allow her to make the next move. if she doesn't, then move on, this ship has sailed. if she says she can't that day, say "would another day work better for you?" and if she gives a dodgy answer, again, move on.

ive had more than my fair share of experiences up and down the spectrum of "relationships" if you're looking for "happiness", this is the way to go.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.