[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College graduate with no experience. Where can I find true entry-level
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1455221308630.jpg (55 KB, 369x369) Image search: [Google]
1455221308630.jpg
55 KB, 369x369
College graduate with no experience.

Where can I find true entry-level jobs? All interviews I've had so far asked me about previous work experience.
>>
just keep applying, someone will settle for you eventually.
>>
>>17117210
What degree? And did you do any kind of interning/volunteering?
>>
>>17117262

>actually suggesting that OP should be a slave for a while.

fuck that. unpaid internships are frowned upon by recruiters because it shows you take no pride in what you do and don't believe that your own work is worth being paid for. Putting down a part time job as a fucking bank teller would look much better than some slave-labor internship.

OP, go apply to be a cashier or a bank teller at a bank/credit union. Cash handling is key in those jobs and policy knowledge is also something you will learn fast. Those skills come in handy in any other job.
>>
>>17117210
Can you say "Would you like fries with that?"

Seriously, just get a job. ANY job. While you're working at McD or ditch-digging, keep looking. At least you'll have some income, some pride, and some proof of reliability.
>>
>>17117210
why would you make this thread but not tell us what your degree is? How the fuck are we supposed to give you meaningful advice without knowing that?
>>
you never earned money or did some social service activity or internship? think about everything you every did and then pick something suitable or tell them about projects from your education like your final project.
>>
>you actually believed that there's no need to work while studying
>>
I dropped out of college and it was the best decision I ever made. It's like 50% experience and 50% who you know. It's a stupid game. I started as an administrative assistant 3 years ago and now I'm a Sr program manager.

Who do you know? What do you know? Do you have anything to prove it? Aka certifications, and such
>>
A college degree means absolutely shit in my city (large tech city). No one gives a fuck if you went to college. No one gives a fuck if you want a job.

Want a job? What are your skills? Prove you have skills. Are you personable? Does the employer believe you could get the work done if you were hired?
>>
>>17117955
I never understand why economics is a subject of study.
>>
>>17117962
Ehh it's better than germanics or some shit like that
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.