[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Career advice, please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Thinking-Man.jpg (44 KB, 576x777) Image search: [Google]
Thinking-Man.jpg
44 KB, 576x777
If someone gave you the possibility of having only ONE career of the following three, which would you choose?

Consider you are equally (and exceptionally talented) in all three:

1) Creator and writer of a new "South Park"-type cartoon on Netflix.

2) Successful novelist - Similar to James Patterson or Dan Brown (DaVinci code).

3) Fashion designer - Like Chanel or Balenciaga?

Which would you choose and why? It directly relates to several possibilities regarding my career.

Your input would be very helpful, since it is tough for me to decide which route to take.

Thanks!
>>
>>17117166
make more money if your deisgner shit takes off
>>
All three are shit.
Creative arts is dead.
Get your degree then join the military as an officer.
>>
>>17117166
Usually, advice works best when you're asking people who are experienced in the area you're asking advice for. Just asking random people "what sounds best" when the collective knowledge is zero isn't going to give you much insight on your decision.

I mean, what's the workload like for all those jobs? What are your honest prospects in each of those fields? What are the things you want from your work life? What do you want to achieve outside of work? Will those jobs interfere with outside aspirations? Are you willing to make the sacrifices to your personal life to work in these areas? If you're talented in all those areas, great; that's one less thing you have to ask yourself, but picking a job is more than just "what sounds fun?" and "what am I good at?"
>>
>>17117214
That's fair. I understand weighing each separately. I'm curious what people think though.
>>
Since all three are essentially the same chances as winning the lottery, or getting hit by lightening multiple times...it doesn't matter.
>>
>>17117286
True. That's correct.
>>
>>17117166
In a perfect world, go for novelist! Be the next Stephen King or something and have your work be enjoyed internationally and perhaps branch into movie adaptations, etc. You set your own hrs, no dress code, and can choose to be famous, a recluse or something in between and still be published and successful :)
>>
Everyone conform to the unniggerly nonfag suggestion that all become surfboarders whatever you do make sure you reach at least 5 days straight otherwise no enlightening and never let them steal your thunder
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.