[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rude friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: fb.jpg (10 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
fb.jpg
10 KB, 416x416
A few friends commented on an old post on Facebook from 3 years ago. The post was about us hanging out.

One 'friend', who is a dropkick living on welfare, commented on the old post today 'Back when anon was a functioning human' (referring to me). I kinda dropped of his and the other friends radar because I've been busy with study (med).

Why would he comment it and what does he mean? I'm functioning better than he is. Is it rude what he wrote? Should I text/call him asking him to delete it? I'd comment in response to his comment on fb but I don't want it to blow up publicly on FB.
>>
FB can contact him to delete it if you report it as harassment.
>>
>>17117115

You can delete it yourself if it's your picture that he commented on, I believe.

If you want to know why he said that, message him on Facebook and ask him what's up
>>
>>17117123
Nah its my other friends post from 3 years ago, it literally just says 'hanging out with anon, friend and another friend'

>>17117118
Eh is it harassment or rude though?
>>
>>17117126
Meh, it's in poor taste, but I doubt he meant anything by it. Still, you know your friend better than we do.

I'd reply "I am functional, my function is acquiring medical knowledge.
>>
>>17117141
Because I've dropped off the radar I'm kinda offended at the thought of him replying I'm some NEET or something.

Tempted to text him, 'back when anon was a functioning human', whats the supposed to mean anon?' or is that too passive aggressive?
>>
>>17117146
implying NEET*
>>
>>17117115

>a dropkick living on welfare

There's your answer anon. He's miserable and is trying to get a rise by pestering someone he hasn't spoken to in years. He's taking his insecurities out on you. Just block him.
>>
>>17117235
Yeah I figured that. He's been in and out of drug rehab, constantly in court from arrests etc. I just feel like I can't let him just get away with saying it. I'm thinking about texting him ''back when anon was a functioning human', whats the supposed to mean?' and then after he responds tell him I find it disrespectful and would appreciate it if he deleted the comment. Should I send that or leave it? I feel like I'm in an awkward place because I find it rude but I may be overreacting
>>
>>17117267
ending up sending the text, will see what he replies
>>
>>17117267

You can't let petty shit like that bother you. You're just feeding a troll by texting him back.
>>
>>17117374
I think it just hits a nerve because back then I was pretty socially anxious and not assertive, I guess I was struggling back then with mental health issues. And for him to imply I'm not functioning now hurts desu. I have come leaps and bounds from where I was, have a gf, a lot of new friends, studying med (when I used to be a dropkick no hoper barely passing school). He always used to have petty digs like this at me that I would let slide because there wasn't much I could say, but since I made an improvement to myself a few years ago I made a promise to myself I'd never just let digs slide from anyone anymore. I can take a joke and banter but I feel like this crosses a line. IDK
>>
Just clap back and go harder on him, simple.

Or just block and ignore him
>>
>>17117506
I would love to do that but I'd probably look like a massive asshole. I would respond on the fb post 'And yet look at how well you're functioning now ____ (friends name)'. As I said everyone is well aware of how dysfunctional he is in life atm, he's on heaps of antidepressants etc so I think I'd end up being called out for being rude (the people in the post would side with him over me).
>>
>>17117384
>>17117523

It would look petty. Look you made a promise to yourself but there are times when you need to let shit slide, fleck the chips off your shoulders, and just go on with your life. Forget that asshole and focus and all the good stuff going for you now. Keep growing.
>>
Slight update. Friend responded to text with 'haha u heard. nah i dunno just fuckin wit ya'.

Thinking of responding 'Yeah someone told me you were talking shit. I find it disrespectful and want you to delete the comment cheers', that sound alright?
>>
>>17117826
Just block him. All his shit disappears etc. No point in having him as a friend on Facebook if he's not worth talking to in the first place.
>>
>>17117826
You sound like you still have anxiety and social issues.. Otherwise why are you overreacting to an extremely vague comment that he said was a joke?
>>
>>17117852
I think I still do but social anxiety is gone now. As I said he used to have petty digs towards me previously so its a bit of a grey area with him. Just seems like a joke that crosses a line from being 'banter' to disrespectful.
>>
>>17117856
It is. So block him, and be done with the whole thing.
>>
>>17117865
Will probably do this, thanks for your advice anon
>>
Obviously he's busting your chops.
Just fire back, 'and before [dude] was a burnout! Good times.'
>>
>>17117115
jesus the amount of autism present is actually hurting me. The dude probably misses you man, its that simple, stop being a super autismo. Maybe he is right though, like look how you reacted to a harmless comment that is obviously a bit of banter looking to reignite a friendship. Jesus OP don't pull a study study study and burn out before you even become a doctor.
>>
>>17117878
He has told me in private he admires me most out of all of our friends for what I've achieved. I see him from time to time still. I have a pretty big social circle (uni + old friends + GF) plus sports training so its pretty hard to juggle seeing them all on top of studying 5ish hours a day.
>>
be happy and ignore it.

In the past you both had the some interests... maybe playing video games, drinking beer and stuff... but you changed your interest in order to have a better future. now he compared your lifes and is jealous and tries to compensate his failure by being rude.
>>
>>17117856
Man I hadn't even read the entire thread but now that I have I can confirm you still have major issues. Even if he was being disrespectful (he is obviously being sarcastic, as a non functioning human being would be a vegetable), you say you know his personality is prone to this. So why are you taking him being disrespectful and turning it into you being disrespected? You're still seeing yourself as a target.
Grow up man..
>>
>>17117878
That was my first thought. OP is mad high on the autism radar.
>>
File: 1334316742337.jpg (91 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1334316742337.jpg
91 KB, 720x960
What the fuck is happening in this thread?

OP, you have some issues if you really aren't able to shrug that comment off. There is no reason anyone should care at all, and I'm astounded so man y people here are giving you advice to escalate the situation.

You have taken offence to something completely benign. Just take a step back, relax, and forget about it. I can guarantee everyone else who saw that message likely already has.
>>
>>17117942
yeah well come on man you should know he is just trying to reach out to you
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.