[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Just started dating girl about 3 weeks ago >Found out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: skeletons.gif (3 MB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
skeletons.gif
3 MB, 249x249
>Just started dating girl about 3 weeks ago
>Found out she is a massive feminist

She didn't have any of the warnings signs either, natural hair color, no tattoos or piercings. Pretty cute, normal looking girl.

What do I do now? I'm 99% leaning towards dump. Is there any reason I shouldn't? I fucking despise feminists, and while she has yet to really put on display her feminist side, she showed a hint of it last night when we talked about video games.
>>
Just leave man, before she can get her rape tenticles in you. The longer you stay with her the more likely she is to accuse you of rape when the relationship inevitably goes sour.
>>
File: selection-du-weekend-185-55.jpg (64 KB, 760x1016) Image search: [Google]
selection-du-weekend-185-55.jpg
64 KB, 760x1016
Get her to do a ffm threescore first.
>>
>>17117045
*threesome, stupid autocorrect
>>
>>17117045
I can already tell that'll be a no go.
>>
ITT: /pol/turd finds a gf
>>
>>17117112
found ops gf.

is it unreasonable to dislike feminists? certainly not.
>>
File: weenie.png (246 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
weenie.png
246 KB, 480x480
>>17117039
Wait until she goes on a full blown tirade. Have pictures and facts on the ready so you can show her, carry them with you, like on your phone.
>>
I think you should stop hating feminism and start hating people with misguided rage and misconceptions.
>>
Have the egalitarian conversation before you leave her in dumpsville.
>>
>>17117120
Nah, I hate feminism. Grew up with a feminist bitch of a mom, sister turned into a massive sjw feminist. Fucking hate em.
>>
>>17117114
radfems are bad.

see how she is first then if shes off the deep end then dump her.
>>
>>17117125
I'm sorry you had to grow up with a bitch and a sjw. It's a legitimate reason to hate bitches and sjws. Not feminism. Helping humans is good, helping male humans is good, helping female humans is good. Respect people who help, hate those who are bitches.
>>
>>17117143
I agree, but I've never met a feminist in my life who thought that way. I don't have any issue with women, just feminists.

I've never met a single one that didn't put men down as much as they could. And especially now since sjws have influenced feminism its a fucking mess.

Last night she told me that "the abundance of male leads in video games is fucking disgusting and shameful". What side do you think she is on? Vast majority of video game consumers are men, big fucking surprise most of the leads are men.
>>
File: 1454122383954.jpg (58 KB, 419x421) Image search: [Google]
1454122383954.jpg
58 KB, 419x421
>>17117039
There's a different between actual feminists and a retard anon
Your normal widespread feminists are retards, and just because she said something while playing videogames doesn't really means she's a feminist.

And WAY MORE IMPORTANTLY, what did she actually said?
You really have to tell us here.
>>
>>17117155
See
>>17117153
>>
>>17117039
>>Found out she is a massive feminist
I've dated a few feminists over the years and I kind of despise them too. So heres my take on it.

If she is open to ideas and can partake logical sensible discussions, and you can provide this for her without ending up arguing all the time, then it could work. You may learn things from her perspective and vice versa. I wouldn't dismiss things so quick just because she is a feminist, cause that just means you are being judgmental.

She is also likely going to be into rough sex and being dominated by men in the bedroom.. From.my experience anyway.. So you should expect some hypocrisy from her. But remember to remain the calm level headed one in this scenario and hopefully she can follow by your example.

Best of luck.
>>
>>17117153
>"the abundance of male leads in video games is fucking disgusting and shameful"
In that case she is a cunt full of misguided rage and misconceptions. You would do well to break up with her. She happens to be a feminist cunt but it's the cunt part that is inherently bad. I'm sorry for your bad luck with women and feminism.
>>
>>17117176
I wouldn't call it hypocrisy if a feminist also happens to be a sub. I don't think someone's sexual preference in the bedroom has any tie with their socio-political opinions.
>>
>>17117194
I understand your point of view in holding an unrelated distinction between personal life and social life, but I stand by my opinion that this is hypocrisy, as I feel it represents hypocrisy at the most base level of that persons psyche. If they have enough self awreness to prevent such opposing views from causing confusion on themselves, then I'll respect them for it. But I see it as rarely being the case.

The feminists I have been with where unaware of their social hypocrisy even in matters that had nothing to do with gender equality.
>>
>>17117039
gtfo of there before you get accused of rape
that shit is no joke
>>
let me tell you possible negatives here that you may already have thought about but I want to tell you from experience are very real.

note that I have no problem with any rational people that want to discuss equality, but the second that I am to be put at an immediate disadvantage because I am a man and therefore my opinion or thoughts are invalidated, no fuck off. theres a difference between equality and blatant disrespect and power plays to try to get revenge on people that more than likely have zero role in whatever perceived wrongs you have

1 even if you have facts and crap when you are in a conversation about gender relations or whatever and what constitutes equality... she may not actually give a shit regardless of telling you she agrees with you. you will then see how much she does not agree by how she acts and she may slip passive aggressive things in because you are now "one of them". I seent that shit, before someone tells me "thats not a thing"

2.she may already hate you, regardless of how she acts. I don't know how certain women manage to do the relationship thing while hating their guy just for being a guy... but that's a thing too. and you won't know till you're way into the relationship.

3. be ready for normal things around the house that all adults have to do to be seen as oppression if you live together. you may as well not ask her to clean up her messes if this even starts becoming an issue. just take the mess, and her, and get them both the fuck out. I am not joking about this. do not let this go on for any length of time. there is physical damage to my apartment because of temper tantrums about picking up garbage from the floor for example. wish I had video taped just one of the like under the breath rants about how I was a complete asshole for not wanting food on the floor or some ridiculous shit.

4. sex, you might not be having much of it. for all the sexual freedom talk... may not be the case.

5. power plays, all of the power plays.
>>
>>17117285
again, this is a pretty extreme example and I've met many feminists that are completely chill people and understand that I am not the embodiment of all of the patriarchy and that I must me screwed over in whatever way possible, but I have seen or experienced all of these things and they suck. and if these sorts of things start happening you are not fixing that relationship and it needs to end.
>>
>>17117234
I agree that it would be good if people did not confuse their sexuality and their personal opinions. However if people do confuse themselves I don't think it's hypocrisy or the psyche or whatnot. It seems like over-analyzing to me. People don't need to change their sexuality or opinions in order to make them fit. If we extend this principle to multiple scenarios then it becomes stranger than fiction. For example I am against violence toward gays because that's retarded. However I don't need to become homosexual in order to hold pro-gay views without risk of being called an hypocrite. I sure hope not. Or what if we take two lesbian feminists who practice BDSM in the bedroom. Is the one who is a sub an hypocrite and the one who is a dom a better person? If not, why should an heterosexual feminist be under closer scrutiny of whether she is a sub or a dom? That's just reaching too far.
>>
right so she doesn't like male leads. now explain to her the significance males being the target audience has on the game thematically, and why, as a member of the target audience you feel pandering to females only breeds division. then start playing some rpgs where you create your own character so you can avoid these conversations entirely. or leave her because you can't be with anyone who takes video games so seriously, literally who cares
>>
>>17117310
FYI I'm this guy >>17117234 posting from another device.
>It seems like over-analyzing to me.
To me it seems like not enough analysis is being done on a very important self issue. If one doesn't at least try to understand why they have a direct association between a good thing (sexual excitement) and a bad thing (degradation of women) then how can they ever feel qualified to give an opinion on how these matters affect the rest of society? Imagine a doctor who prescribes medicine but would only ever seek holistic treatment for themselves. Would you trust this person and their opinion on how to treat the health of so many others?

>People don't need to change their sexuality or opinions in order to make them fit.
That's really an oversimplification of the matter and a train of thought that encourages ignorance. I imagine you're saying it from the point of view that if such a person was to make a change that it would detract from some part of the cause they are fighting for, or take away from their enjoyment of things in the bedroom. I see it from the angle that any change that might get made would be positive due to them now having an expanded grasp of the topics at hand. They will enjoy things MORE in the bedroom and be able to BETTER help the cause they feel strongly about.

Will continue..
>>
>>17117310
>If we extend this principle to multiple scenarios then it becomes stranger than fiction. For example I am against violence toward gays because that's retarded.
What is stranger than fiction and actually retarded is your declaration of 'I am against violence toward gays'. it seems you wish to marginalize the notion of specific treatment based on peoples sexuality while making a statement that gives preferential treatment based on sexuality. To me, this says you don't actually understand the topic and the root cause of the problem you are wanting to be fixed. So how are you doing any good? The sad thing is you're not doing good. You're making the situation worse.

The root cause of this problem is that people fear what they don't understand. Sometimes it can even be themselves that they don't understand which makes them lash out. Which brings into full circle how you suggest people dismiss their opposing internal and external views because it is not hypocritical.

>However I don't need to become homosexual in order to hold pro-gay views without risk of being called an hypocrite. I sure hope not.
Poor analogy that doesn't fit the situation we are discussing. There is nothing negative to oppose your positive view, so of course you won't get called a hypocrite (by anyone with logic). What is somewhat disturbing is that you got confused over this and suggested 'becoming gay' could ever be placed on the opposite end of the spectrum to having 'pro gay views'.

A more suitable analogy can be presented if we reverse the 'Feminist who likes to be dominated by men behind closed doors' scenario to get the 'Closet gay who commits violent crimes against open homosexuals' type of person. Is this also okay with you and should this persons opposing internal and external views be dismissed?
>>
brb, installing Bumble
>>
>>17117782
I popped in here to read some things since i one had a LTR with an anti-feminist(best relationship ever) and i saw "bumble" and i thought...what the fuck and had to google

Made me lol, like really hard. I havent had this good a laugh in a long time, thank you friend
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.