[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fishing pole
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 353x143) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 353x143
I am going to fish soon with some friends and need to get a good pole to go freshwater fishing with. There are alot of types apparently I didn't know about. Basically my question is what is a good and decently cheap fishing rod for freshwater fishing?
>>
Just get a rod with a reel and not a button.
You hold the reel bar back, and then throw. It'll cast out the lure.

Trust me, mate, fishing is 40% waiting, 50% drinking, and only 10% dealing with the actual fishing part.

It's great.
You get drunk as hell with buds while something may happen.
>>
>>17116924
Probably won't be able to get drunk we are going at 8am and I unfortunately have to drive
>>
>>17116967
It's fishing.
You will get drunk.
That's how it works.

If you're driving, then you're the loser bitch they've designated to not enjoy the experience.

Fishing is essentially waiting.
If you're not drinking, what's the point?
>>
Ugly Stik and a reel with a bail you flip open and closed.
>>
>>17117173
Its all part of the play my friend, I drive this time when we go for two hours or whatever then next big trip I dont have to drive and I can drink
>>
>>17116916
Oh for christ sakes, go into a sporting goods store and tell them you want a 6'6'' to 8'6'' medium, fast action spinning set with an open-faced reel, and they'll throw you some options. Quantum, Okuma, and Shakespeare will be your best bargains.

Source: Steelhead guide, fishing is what i do.
>>
>>17117191
Bingo.
Go to Walmart, get an ugly stick, line, hooks, worms/bobbers or lures. Ask, walmart trash loves that shit.
>>
>>17117483
Nah I'm gonna go for the ugly stik
>>
>>17116916
6 foot medium light spinning rod i have a shimano that cost me 25 bux
>>
>>17116916
>>17116916
Unless you plan on going into the great lakes for salmon and trout fishing, then just get something on the smaller side. Light action, 6 ft or so, no reason to get anything bigger. You can really catch anything on any kind of rod, you just don't want to be trolling on downriggers 300 feet away with an ultra-light, but I've caught salmon on short ultra light rods before and northern pike on tiny little ice fishing rods meant for perch and pan fish. If it's one of your first times fishing, then just get one of the cheap rod kits from walmart or wherever is close to you. Just make sure to get something without a button, get a proper spincasting reel
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.