[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does a man's stock really raise in his 30's? Or is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: lm2oase31hepstabbnaz.jpg (53 KB, 750x605) Image search: [Google]
lm2oase31hepstabbnaz.jpg
53 KB, 750x605
Does a man's stock really raise in his 30's? Or is that a meme bitter lonely guys tell themselves?
>>
Statistically, yes. It's pretty much undeniable.
>>
It can, but there's no guarantee. The reason they say that is because men are judged on more than just looks. Usually by the 30s guys are done with school and established in a career. They have generally become proficient at hobbies, or have interesting pastimes. If you're just a NEET or all you do is play video games, then no, you'll still be a loser in the eyes of many women.
>>
>>17116743
I'm 31 and I can deny it.
>>
>>17116735
Not sure what this means. Does this mean that men in their 30s have access to a better class of more interested single women? Probably true, although I got with the woman who is now my wife in my early 20s, and married right before we hit 30, so my experience is limited. Women who want to settle down but have not done so by 30-odd will be open to good men who want what they want, whatever that is. And a handful of people will already have been through stupid 20something marriages and divorces, so their standards may change. Dunno.

But on a more legitimate level, I would say without hesitation that my life in my 30s was better than my life in my 20s. Less to prove, more money, more confidence, more sense of who I was and what I wanted.
>>
>>17116749
Do you deny it anecdotally or statistically?
>>
>>17116735
Probably, but by then I hope to transcend wanting one.

>>17116756
This makes me feel hopeful. Thanks anon.
>>
>>17116758
Not him but I'm 32 and I can't get a girl
>>
>>17116735
If you are financially stable, not a fatass, not carrying STD's and have no baggage, absolutely.
>>
>>17116840
But it mostly makes you more appealing to women your age who are still single or have become single, especially single moms and women that have had their looks fading noticeably.
A bunch of girls were real friendly with me at my 10 year reunion.
Then again, if I wasn't an autistic weirdo in HS I could have fucked almost any of them anyway.
>>
Thread bump
>>
File: 647955.jpg (72 KB, 400x614) Image search: [Google]
647955.jpg
72 KB, 400x614
I failed to recognize it, but when I hit 31 the chickadees were all over me....
>>
File: OKC_Desirability.png (19 KB, 472x407) Image search: [Google]
OKC_Desirability.png
19 KB, 472x407
>>17116735
Nope, it drops. Men get less desirable over time.
They just start being more equal to women past 27 or so (after being worthless before that)
>>
>>17116735
turning 30 this year, can confirm
i never did too poorly with grills, but now its just easy mode
>>
>>17116756
So what, at 30 we're the consolation prize?
We get to date more in our 30s because women need someone to pay off their bills?
The best I can hope for at 27 is being someone's backup plan

This sounds like a shitty deal.
>>
>>17116763
yeah but you didn't answer that guys question

are you in the same or worse spot when you were 22? because if that's the case it's not wonder, the guy you're responding to was making the claim that women are valued more for looks, guys more for money, career, hobbies, that other shit and most guys are better off in their personal and professional life at 32
>>
Both men and women who are single after 30 aren't the sort of people you want to be dating anyway. If you're a single male beyond 30, you're just as worthless as the 'used goods whores' you think you're better than.
>>
>>17116735
Yes, but only because guys in their 30's tend to have more money. If you are a NEET loser, then this will do nothing for you.
>>
>>17117986
but people are often marrying in their 30s nowadays, unless you're a stupid teen redneck
>>
>>17117993
Yeah, but they're not meeting in their 30s, are they? They've been together since their 20s.
>>
It's true and false depending on the way you want to look at it.

It's true in the sense that once the women have rode the cock carousel for 15 years and the biological clock hits like a bomb they will want to settle for the beta provider type. Meanwhile by 30's men usually have their career straight and plenty of spare money which makes them perfect candidates to lock down for marriage.
So in that sense provided your life follows the typical leave home, become poor student, land job, build a career type then your desirability will rise as women age and lose their looks and you gain more money.

On the other hand it will also fall in the eyes of the women you probably truly want as per
>>17117280
No one actually wants to pick the 30 year old (well relatively men have it better than women on this regard) and your perfect woman will most likely go for someone who is younger, more attractive and more successful than you. In the sense finding "true love" is harder the longer it takes because more and more relationships become just silent agreements between parties, you offer money and the woman offers kids.
>>
>>17116735
>Does a man's stock really raise in his 30's? Or is that a meme bitter lonely guys tell themselves?
For the most part, it's a meme perpetuated by the bitter unfuckables. There IS something to the idea that younger women have a somewhat stronger tendency to go for older partners, but it breaks down at the individual level.

Among other things, it only works for a man who isn't otherwise creepy. The people perpetuating this meme are not the sorts of men whose stock is going to rise in their 30s: they're already at the bottom of the barrel, and unless they make some drastic personal changes, they're going to spend their twenties drilling holes into it. By the time they're 30, they'll finally be able to fall out of it completely.
>>
Only if you work on yourself. Most guys get fat by then if they weren't already.
>>
>>17116840
This. If you are none of these things then you're not worth much--if anything
>>
>>17116735

If men take care of themselves, they will have good looks until their late 40's, early 50's, some even later

Women begin to look bad in their mid-30's, some even earlier, but it can be hard to see because they coat their face with powders and creams.

I once asked a girl if she was sick, she looked so drawn out and bad I really thought she was sick. Turns out she hadn't put her makeup on, and she wasn't even 25
>>
From personal experience I would say yes. My dating pool had been about 2 years younger/older in my teens, 5 years in my early 20s. I'm close to 30 now, and my dating pool is girls from 16 to 34 (actual girls I've slept with). The amount of girls that are possibly interested in me is so much bigger than ever before in my life. I also keep myself /fit/ and have a good job which lets me do interesting things every weekend.

It's not all perfect, though, as literally the one girl I desire is not interested while I have had to break up with two other girls this year because they 'fell in love'. fml
>>
>>17116758
What do fucking statistics matter if it personally doesn't work for you?
Fancy numbers that push a wrong image on reality are useless when it doesn't show any effect for the average male in real life
>>
If youre a 30 year old male, but still look 20 or so, is that a good or bad thing
>>
>Some poor 20 year old beta is reading this thread right now and thinks he doesn't need to work on himself till it's 2026 and women will automatically start falling out of the sky for him
>>
My experience is that I've gotten more confident, more stable (both emotionally and financially), and less tolerant of bullshit as I've gotten older. I've also had to put work into my body and so I look significantly better at 35 than I did at 25.

Women respond to that. No, I don't have ripped abs and I'm not going to Cindy's party, but that doesn't matter because I have a condo in the city, a stable job, I'm drinking the kind of whiskey her father drinks, my body posture doesn't change when the guy with a swimmer's body walks past because I know I could drop him if it came to it, I just mentioned that I ate at Girl & The Goat without a reservation last week, and she's starting to realize that she has to work to retain my interest rather than the other way around.

When you're in your 30s and you have your shit together, everything changes. Suddenly the dynamic has flipped and its the girls who are competing for attention. And they do have to compete. I'm going home with my wife and getting laid either way this evening, if she wants in on the game she has to convince me.
>>
>>17119207
>Women begin to look bad in their mid-30's, some even earlier, but it can be hard to see because they coat their face with powders and creams.

White women. White women look gross at around that age.
Something I interesting I leaned is that companies push girls to wear makeup earlier and earlier in their lives. Interestingly enough, makeup actually ages you--especially if you don't take care of your face (which American girls really don't ).
This actually makes things work favorably
>>
If you take care of yourself and have a career yes
>>
The guys who tell themselves this are not the same guys who will experience this.
>>
>>17119409
>cheating on wife

for what purpose
>>
>>17119991
Its not cheating when you're adding a third.
>>
>>17119409
You couldnt drop the guy with the swimmers body if you wanted. He has more muscle and better cardio than you. Anyone whose worked out more than once should have abs btw
>>
Not exactly. It's more women's value plummets.
The girls that were too hot for you at 20 are now desired by no one at 30 so they're forced to lower their expectations, except it's going to be a very unhappy relationship and she's going to treat you like shit because you're not the prince she thinks she deserves.
>>
>>17120705
Wut
>>
I don't know bro. I'll let you know in a few years when I'm in my mid 30's...

>implying i'll be posting here still
>just
>fuck
>my
>shit
>up
>JUST
>>
>>17119256
>i'm close to 30 now
>dating pool is girls from 16 to 34
>actual girls I've slept with
>16
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.