[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
25+ loser thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: taxi-driver-poster.jpg (242 KB, 680x1037) Image search: [Google]
taxi-driver-poster.jpg
242 KB, 680x1037
How's everyone doing? Anyone made progress becoming not-so-much-a-loser?

I'm coming home from work doing 160 hours over 2 weeks. I decided to walk home instead of taking the bus. I wanted to how far I can depress myself watching other people start their weekend.

Gonna spend the whole of next week trying to learn basic coding, Christ knows I can't spend the last bit of my 20s bagging groceries for fucking yuppies and hipsters.
>>
>>17116692
Looking for jobs myself OP, Haven't got a gf, haven't got any friends anymore save one, who I joke about going vagrant or becoming a career criminal with.
I wish I had advice for you, but all I can say is I'm a loser too. but maybe OP maybe if we work hard enough we can become something more, that's what I chose to believe stay strong man.
>>
finally found a job!!!

should I just sell my gun? I don't need it now
>>
>>17116725
I wouldn't.
>>
>>17116725
yeah keep it mate, it'll come in handy.
>>
>>17116725
It's real fucked up but it's a comfort for me to know there are 2 high bridges near me.
>>
>>17116810
lucky, there aren't any high bridges near me, I'd have to OD.
>>
>>17116725
What's the job?
>>
one of my friend had a 60h/week consultant job and become fat and unhappy.

then he changed his job and is now working only 40h/week. he is now happy, because he nows that a work day has an end. and he has more time to take care of himself.
>>
Listen, it's all in your head and you have it better than most people. People who go out a lot on weekends are very vapid and lack self esteem and seek approval from strangers. Trust me, I've done it.

People who make a lot of money aren't happy. I make six figures and I can tell you that I have less in savings now than I did when I made 40k. I am less happy and I end up filling my house will shit I buy because I'm addicted to temporary happiness.
>>
>>17117967
>People who make a lot of money aren't happy.

Money can't buy happiness but I'd rather be crying in a Ferrari.

Earning peanuts and possibly damaging my joints is not filling me with joy.

>People who go out a lot on weekends are very vapid and lack self esteem and seek approval from strangers.

I feel like some anons who say this miss the point; whether or not they're all "vapid", they have people to be with and places to go.

>>17117950
>>
>>17116692

25 in two months time

>No job
>Living with parents
>On autismbux that they use to pay bills and food
>No gf (well, talking to one online but she's like 20 years older so I doubt anything's gonna happen)

Im trying to get part time work so I can at least save up for a deposit for a flat, I wouldn't mind living at home but the rules here are fucked up, I even have to put my phone away so Im not online all night.

I don't think my parents want me to move out, they keep my money and they keep pulling ultimatums on me if I call them out on their shit.
>>
>>17117967

Let me cry into my pint for you while I have it "so good" by being a prisoner in my own home.
>>
>>17117967
>You have it better than most people
Actually, this is probably true if you live in the first world and can access 4chan, even if from your computer.

>people who go out lack self esteem
Hard to say. I think going out can be fun, but also severely overrated. Its seen as something you do if you are fun and interesting, which I don't necessarily agree with. Some people go out with a goal like meeting people or dates, which is fine. I enjoy it once every month or so, but most nights I would rather be out taking photographs or inside playing games and watching tv. Go ahead and sue.
>>
>>17118258
Whoops, meant to say
>*even if from your parent's house
>>
>>17117967
Just because you're stupid with your money doesn't mean others wouldn't be happy in your situation. I'm not materialistic in the slightest. All I need to be happy is food, water, and a roof over my head. I lived that way for 2 years, except I was so dirt poor that I couldn't afford the food and eventually lost the roof.

If I made that kind of money, I'd stash it away in savings until I'm old and wise enough to know the best use for it.

I do agree with
>People who go out a lot on weekends are very vapid and lack self esteem and seek approval from strangers.
though, but I might be biased since I've always preferred staying in or going on intimate outings.
>>
Nah, I don't think I'm going to make any progress. I already make 6 figures, and have for years, but haven't been able to get the interest of a 5/10 introvert grill for anything short of just throwing money at her, and that's always hollow and temporary and honestly boring.

I've resigned myself to just working more, doubling my income, then expanding my business until I forget who I am. I don't really want to be the 35 year old that's always seen with teenage girls, but at this point I'm going to have to leverage on a daddy complex if I'm going to breed at all.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.