[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I work for a neighbor. I work my ass off. He has given me 4 raises
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Chair-by-Allen-Jones-012.jpg (61 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
Chair-by-Allen-Jones-012.jpg
61 KB, 620x372
I work for a neighbor. I work my ass off. He has given me 4 raises in 2 years(up to 28.50 an hour). With that being said i am socially inept. His son's 25 birthday is tonight and he told me that we would really like it if i stopped by for a little bit.
Can i skip this?
What do i do
please make up my mind for me ;-;
>>
Do you like the son of your neighbor?
>>
>>17116673
>Can i skip this?
Can you? Obviously. Should you? Probably not.
>>
>>17116684
This.

If he's worked with you for two years, he probably knows you're socially inept by now, and he still wants you there. Go there and awkward it up.
>>
>>17116673
Be polite and show up.
Relax.
Talk casually.
Be receptive.
Have a few drinks.
Leave after a couple hours if you're not having a good time but don't make it sound like you were bored or had a bad time.

You'll have every day the rest of the year to indulge in your autistic obsessions and shitpost.

Maybe you'll meet a woman or make a friend.
Shit, don't be afraid to make a friend by seeking help in meeting a woman.
>>
>>17116701
>Maybe you'll meet a woman or make a friend.
Do not go in with this mindset.
>>
prepare a joke in advanced, something memorable if possible, just make your boss or the son remember that you were there, maybe take a picture with them. Have light small talk with one or two other people and take note of something in the environment or the other guests you can mention in conversation if this party comes up in the future. You actually being there is just about as important as the impression that you were there.
>>
>>17116673
Why does how much you make have to do with anything?
>>
>>17116673
is it me or is 28.50 an hour a shitload of money?

usd?
>>
Just go.

He will remember if you don't, but he'll also remember if you do.
You like raises yes? If you keep up being friendly he'll keep giving you them.
>>
go to the party.

protips:
1) do not drink more alcohol than you can tolerate. when you have enough alcohol, refuse to drink more and change to water.

2) when you don't like to speak, join a group of people and simply listen.
>>
>>17117593
it's a typical lower-middle class wage
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.