[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, I'm looking to buy a new pair of over ear headphones.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (185 KB, 772x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185 KB, 772x800
Hello, I'm looking to buy a new pair of over ear headphones. I mainly listen to electronic music (deep house, dnb) and my budget is limited at 250€.

I would use them mainly for travelling, but weight is no criteria. I would also use them with my iPhone. Quality bass and good noice cancelling are very important.

I'm definitely looking for a high end product. I am currently looking at the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Beyerdynamic DT 880.

If this is the wrong board for asking please refer me to the correct one. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>17115745
>my budget is limited at 250€
Bro, they're headphones... Even 50€ would be ridiculous to me. This is black people level of carelessness here.
>>
Ath m50s are fantastic, have the best reviews, have lasted me two years even though I strain the cord
Just wonderful, really recommend. Also get velour pads, the default are shifty
>>
I have V-Moda M-100s for the build quality, design, and sound quality. They look amazing and are structured with metal parts for strength and come with a hard case for travel. With a quality portable amp (Fiio Q3 in my case) the sound quality is superb. Sennheisers or Audio Technicas may have better sound quality but lack portability protection.
>>
>>17115784
ath-m50x also, definitely get new pads.
>>
>>17115745
mate, high end headphones will sound shit on your iphone. you need a decent amplifier to play high end headphones. If you dont believe me, a simple google search will prove it. I have the Beyerdynamic Dt 880 so i know for sure that they sound amazing on a good amplifier but like absolute shit on an i phone.
>>
>>17115784
>>17115850
>>17115874
how have none of you told him this ? >>17115885
>>
>>17115885
alright, what do you suggest?
>>
>>17115914
buy yourself a portable amplifier or i reccomend getting the grado sr80e if you like open ear headphones, they sound great but there is alot of leakage. i dont know what other headphones to recommend because i havent used alot. i mean desu, im not even sure if its worth getting really good headphones if you are only using your iphone, you cant even get flac music on your iphone. just being honest like. you dont want to waste your money. best asking the music board.
>>
>>17115914
Head-fi.org is my go to site for headphone advice. Browse their forums and you shall find your answer.
>>
>>17115850
>I use a Fiio Q3
Meant Q1.
>>
>high end product
>250€

toppest of keks, try adding some more zeros (not just one)
>>
>>17115745
Don't listen to Audiophiles. Even thou they are right, they are still Audiophiles.

I have these and they are comfy as fuck and have pretty good quality of sound (in fact after i bought them, I had to re download some of my music because I was finally able to hear the low bit ratio or other sound errors in my music files).

>Koss UR18
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Koss-UR18-Collapsible-Stereo-Headphone-184903-/331704790521
>>
>>17115991
>wasting money
retard
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.