[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how to fix this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1446163796386.gif (1019 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1446163796386.gif
1019 KB, 500x373
Let me greentext this

>meet guy
>crush on him for months, even when he leaves for a long time and even though there are more attractive guys around me
>for some reason can't get over him
>by some miracle we meet again and start texting, talking, there's dat crazy chemistry, humor and interests align
>set a date
>both busy
>then my life decides to fuck my shit up
>nothing going well, feel depressed, anxious, just horrible in general, too many problems to manage
>stop texting for months
>still have a 10/10 crush but understand it won't work
>some insecurities which make me really self conscious
>he probably thinks I found some other guy or just stopped liking him, must feel really bad
>any explanation I give will sound like an excuse or will drive him away because guys don't like messed up girls
>don't know whether I want to pursue something with him again or move on, even if I wanted to he probably hates me now for acting like a bitch and ignoring him

What do I do? How do I go about fixing this?
>>
Figure out what you want first. Then call him to apologize for not talking and tell him what you want. Why do you think it won't work with him?
>>
>>17115663
Because I'm afraid I'll just sound like a typical girl and like I just wanted to play him. I always swore I wouldn't do this to anyone, wouldn't cut contact or ignore a guy and would respect him, but in the end I ended up doing what I promised myself I wouldn't do. I've reduced myself to the stereotypical bitch that plays with men's feelings and I'm worried that this is what he will see. That even though I went through a lot of bullshit recently it'll just seem like I lost feelings or found someone better.

And what if he's moved on and I just make contact for no reason but to make it all awkward?
>>
>>17115737
Just ask him out or something

Look at it like this if there is any chance of it working out is better than you doing nothing and regretting it later

From a guy who had this done to him by a girl who liked me. You never know
She used to lock herself in the bathroom and cry in panic while i was waiting for her and after a while i stopped talking to her. I knew she was a fucked up assburger girl we understood each other
She came to me one day after 4 or more months and we went out, we talked like nothing happened the whole night and guess what happenes next

Tldr just do it
If it comes to the question why then be honest and tell him
>>
>>17115770
>She used to lock herself in the bathroom and cry in panic while i was waiting for her and after a while i stopped talking to her. I knew she was a fucked up assburger girl we understood each other

You sound cool, but most guys are gonna look at a girl who has problems like this and no matter how good she looks say "no thanks"

Still, I understand your point and I wish you luck with the anonette
>>
You sound like a good grill, just tell him you've been through a lot recently and ask him out
>>
>>17115573

It's funny cause from the guy's perspective you look like just another flake. This is certainly interesting to read, cause I've had great conversations with girls then when I set up a date to meet, they either don't reply or cut off contact completely and I'm left wondering if I did something wrong. Obviously this could always be the case, but from the guy's perspective he doesn't think you're going through mental trauma, he probably believes you came to your senses and didnt want anything to do with him.

tl;dr Dump her now
>>
>>17115858
>It's funny cause from the guy's perspective you look like just another flake
Mmm, my worry right here.

Yeah it must be weird for him because every time we texted it was for hours and it seemed like it was going perfectly until I fucked it up. That's what makes me so sad, I hate making people feel this way, I know if someone did that to me I'd feel horrible.
>>
>>17115868
>I know if someone did that to me I'd feel horrible.

Don't worry, us guys are used to it. If you texted him right now, I'm sure he'd reply. If you apologized he'd think even more of you and think you're a very sweet and considerate girl. For us guys, it's always a game of numbers, we are not always guaranteed "results" when talking to girls.
>>
>>17115881
Oh, that's interesting. I see a lot of guys here get more and more bitter every time a girl lets them down and it ruins their opinion of all women and their hope of finding a good one. I'd hate to be causing that in someone, he invested feelings and time and I shot it down. He's probably thinking what the fuck happened since I was going pretty hard after him, texted first and walked up to him and errything. My past confidence is nothing compared to how anxious I am now, prolly will have a anxiety attack
>>
>>17115573
talk to him and let him make his own decisions.
cunt.
>>
>>17115897

Well I don't know this guy and whether he's a player or not. If he's mature he'll accept your apology and keep talking, or if he wants to get even then he just wont respond. Don't worry about what neckbeard loners on /adv/ think.

He probably thought you were a very nice and outgoing, and that you simply lost interest. I met a girl like that last week, and she was the one who gave me her phone number first and everything, I texted her and she's responding sparsely and we haven't talked for like 3 days now. It's no big deal, she might be busy or whatever, I try not to overthink it cause I've honestly had so many girls not text back that I've gotten numb if they respond or not.

Anyway, if you were having a good conversation and you hit him up now *and* apologize, he'll be glad that you did, I know this for a fact.
>>
>>17115809
She was cute yeah but the person she was made it worth it and i would do it again

Seriously everybody has problems and I'd like to think im mature enough to see the person for who they are
She was greater than the sum of her parts even tho her parts were pretty broken

OP
apologize and just talk to him
Be honest, you never know
>>
From my current perspective... let's say there's something similar going on, OP. Just I'm a guy and it's about a girl but there's a lot of similarities to that.

I mean honestly I would at least give it another try. He won't hate you if you at least show that you give a shit. Talk to him again, OP. Please.
>>
>>17116126
So he won't hold a grudge about it?

Hm okay, I'll talk to him, you talk to your girl too anon.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.