[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Catfishing girlfriend with a fake profile?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: texting.jpg (103 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
texting.jpg
103 KB, 500x334
Before you call me crazy please hear me out.
I'm in love with a girl and we are about to move together. I'm 25, she's 22 and we have been together for a bit more than 2 years. I'm thinking about doing this, because at some point in life a very attractive guy is probably going to hit on her and I really want to see how she will react, since I am committing a lot.

What do you guys think? Is it right or wrong?
Has someone ever done it?
>>
Of course it's wrong. If she loves you, and your relationship is going well, it wont matter how attractive a guy is she'll turn him down.

Unless she's a shitty person, in which case you shouldn't be with her anyways.
>>
>>17115575
I've seen guys (and girls too) in very healthy realtionships suddenly get cheated on, because the other partner got a really good opportunity.
It even happened to me once and I really, really thought she wasn't such a person and that she loved me.
>>
>>17115568
It is obviously wrong.
You basically want to throw the perfect dude at your girlfriend (your personality, your "knowledge" of her and her interests and what she likes, and a hotter body) at her and see how she reacts.
A dude like that doesn't even exist. You just want her to cheat very hard, so you're justified for your stupid doubts.
It's, like, one of the most idiotic things you can ever possibly do.
>>
>>17115588
I'm not planning on creating a "perfect" dude, just a really nice one.
I know it's idiotic, but I think if she would tell the fakeaccount that she has a bf and isn't interested into anything than I would be much more comfortable with the whole thing.
>>
>>17115588
But if she falls for it, then OP wouldn't be wrong.
>>
>>17115585
There's your problem. You think that just because someone has cheated on you before, that it will happen again. If you're consistently this insecure she's just gonna dump you. You need to trust her unless she's given you a reason not to. Also, if you have to ask if it's morally wrong, it probably is.
>>
You are going to make her cheat with you.
Did you see the problem?
If she falled in love with you one time, what will keep her away from a second time?
>>
Horrible idea. Relationships need to be built on the basic fundamentals of honesty, openness, trust, respect, and communication.

This basically breaks all of those. If you don't trust her, there's a serious problem here.
>>
>>17115648
As stated above I am not planning on behaving like me.

>>17115655
You're right
>>
Don't listen to these idiots, OP. They're pretty naive guys who don't know how women truly are.
Do it.
>>
It's not right or wrong, it's your own business. I think it's a good idea but you want to not be obvious and cover all traces because this can damage your reputation.
>>
>>17115667
Don't listen to this idiot, OP. He's a pretty naive guys who doesn't know how to have a successful relationship.
Don't do it.
>>
>>17115669
But at the same time I will feel like shit for not being honest with her and not telling her something

Or won't I?
I don't care about my reputation that much. If it saves me from a bad heart break or even a divorce it would be a good trade.
>>
Literally the If You Like Pina Collada song
>>
>>17115686
And say she isn't unfaithful? Then what? You try to keep it a secret from her forever? Or what if she finds out and leaves you over it?

You're risking ruining your perfectly good relationship here.
>>
>>17115568
This will break the trust and the relationship if she ever finds out.
>>
>>17115568
This didn't work out so well for the suspicious guy in Don Quixote. You're paranoid and deceptive, and are entirely at fault for anything that happens in this terrible plan of yours.
>>
>>17115568
Well, she is most likely going to go for the attractive catfish account. Most women will.
Just be ready to cut her off entirely when she does. And be ready to experience the [spoiler]redpill[/spoiler].
>>
>>17115686
Nah you won't feel that shit. Just make sure nobody finds out. How are you planning to do it? It's gonna look suspicious if you make a fake FB.

Fake Tinder is easier, just set "look for women in <1km" and she's bound to show up if she has Tinder.
>>
>>17115720
She does not have Tinder, I know that. Didn't think it through yet, probably just adding her on Skype
>>
>>17115729
Gonna be suspicious as fuck though, just a random add on Skype.
>>
>>17115729
"Wanna talk to my boyfriend? HOOOONEEEY?"
>she hears herself calling you
>>
>>17115732
She posted her Skypenick on a forum before

>>17115735
lol'd
>>
>>17115568
>Before you call me crazy please hear me out.
I have heard you out. You are crazy.

Others here seem to ve handling the immorality of your proposal well, so I'm going to argue from logistics instead: if you cannot already trust her, moving in together is a bad idea. If you can't trust her after two years together, then continuing the relationship at all is a bad idea.

When taken at the individual level, that's as much about her as it is about you. Anyone can tell you why trust is vital to a healthy relationship. If the former isn't there, the latter shouldn't be.

If, on the other hand, you can't see yourself trusting anyone like this, that points to deeper psychological problems. You are not ready for this. Get yourself sone professional help.
>>
>I'm gonna test someone's trustworthiness by lying to them
>>
>>17115568

You sound whacked in the head. It's like putting a banana peel in front of someone and hoping that they don't slip and fall. We are all human at the end of the day, this isn't to defend cheating in relationships which is the scummiest thing anyone could ever do, but how do you function being so cynical?

>I am committing a lot

So is she moving in with your bum self. How long till you set up hidden cameras in the house and start tracking her phone NSA style?
>>
So you want to lie and deceive your girlfriend to prove that she's the one who's a liar and deceptive? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot! Good luck!

Know a girl who had malware installed on her phone that let her boyfriend know every single conversation she had via text and recorded every single phone call she had, and every once in awhile he would text her angrily asking why she's talking to so and so, and this would freak the poor girl out cause she was wondering how he even knew about these people.

You're not too far off from reaching this level. I unfortunately spoke to this dude during the process of cleaning up her phone and one of the suspicions he said he had was, "Her pussy didnt feel tight enough while we were having sex, could she be cheating on me?" I wish I was joking.
>>
>>17115753
Thank you
I also think that it's a lot about me. I agree that trust is vital to a healthy relationship.
The things that concern me a bit about her are:
>She sometimes jokes about fucking over guys (not often or anything, maybe I'm overly jealous, I can't tell
>She has daddy issues, close to no relationship with her dad
>As a result of that had a lot of partners for her age (seeking male attention, since she didn't have her dad), although has never been unfaithful in a past relationship afaik
>Her mom cheated a lot on her dad and is just a straight up whore
>She craves a lot of attention/compliments

If I would still be concerned if it wasn't for those things? I can't really tell.

>>17115768
You're right, she is even committing more desu.
I saw a lot of people getting fucked up by women...
>>
>>17115753
this, plus as soon as she finds out it was you - and she will at some point - she will dump you if she has even one molecule of self-respect.

also, how you say things and how she interprets them may not be exactly the same. there is a line between friendly conversation and flirting, and *most* people draw it in the same general area. but everybody draws it in a bit different place, and often the same person will see it differently on different days. if you say something intending it as a flirt (to see if she'll take the bait) and she just interprets it as more friendly conversation, are you going to know? if she says something that could be a flirt or could just be an offhand comment, are you going to know the difference? and are you going to go over and over it in your head until your paranoia convinces you that every little word and gesture and eye movement has some kind of hidden meaning?

if you're not sure you can trust her now, no amount of catfishing, surveillance, or anything else will satisfy you.
>>
>>17115779

Numerous red flags that should have deterred you BEFORE you entered the relationship, dumbass.

Deal with it.
>>
>>17115831
I didn't knew any of those things before we got together and I was in love.
Also should I just dump her, because she has had a shitty childhood/bad parents?
>>
>>17115839
no, you should dump her because you don't trust her. or you should be up front about the fact that you are having issues trusting her, and work on fixing your relationship issues together, possibly with a counselor. the only way to combat trust issues effectively is with openness. not deception. come on man, this is a no-brainer.
>>
>>17115831

I'm sure OP has his own set of baggage too. Everyone has their own set of baggage, if you dont think you can trust people then why even bother getting into relationships? Why bother having friends?

>>17115839

Just dump her right now, unless you change your behavior you'll never be happy with her. You've been together with her 2 years and you're badmouthing her online with paranoia about how she might cheat using the deepest darkest secrets she's told you as motivation. Either way, this relationship doesn't sound healthy at all. It's better that she ends up cheating on you and you dump her, than you throwing obstacles in her way towards cheating then when she finally does you say, "AHA! GOT YOU"...you'll end up being far more bitter in the latter
>>
File: arry_porrer.jpg (67 KB, 527x406) Image search: [Google]
arry_porrer.jpg
67 KB, 527x406
>>17115568
>In mid-twenties
>have been together for over 2 years

You seriously think she HASN'T been approached by 10/10 dudes in that time? You think that guys way hotter and more charming than you HAVEN'T been trying their best to get her in bed during those two years?

Dude, unless she's an absolute trainwreck or just a mountain of cellulite, she's had temptation, and obviously she's turned them down. If she's still with you after two years, she has had to turn down AT LEAST 4 super hot and charming guys that have tried to hit on her.

You're safe, man.

But that doesn't mean you can do the old "secure relationship, unsecured waistline" thing. Instead of trying to run an experiment on her like she's a test subject, to see if sexier or cooler guys would tempt her, just eliminate the competition yourself. If you feel insecure about how you stack up to other guys, then pile the odds in your favour: Work out, start practicing facial expressions and conversation techniques. BECOME the guy that you fear might take your girlfriend, and you won't have anything to fear anymore, knowing that other guys just don't compare to you anyways.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.