[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Only 19 years old and have the opportunity to move from australia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
Only 19 years old and have the opportunity to move from australia to Canada with my sister. I dont know what to do. I have no commitments here.

It's a big risk to me because i dont know what I'll do there and if I'll ever find a stable job/future there. What should i do?
>>
the accent will probably help you get laid easier if you're into that, as long as you're decent looking.

Our countries are fairly comparable on most levels, with weather being a major difference. Where in Canada is your sister?
>>
>>17115520
Shes not in canada. We are moving from aus to canada.

I think we are planning on moving to banff
>>
>>17115531

Banff is a pretty small but beautiful place. If you're used to a bigger city it might be a bit of a shock though. Do you like outside activities?
>>
>>17115566
Yeah i love the outdoors. Just worried about my life if i fuck up
>>
>>17115718

Well then you're in a good spot. Banff also has a lot of Australians, so you can sort of network/make friends that way as well. There's honestly no real schools around Banff though, if you were looking at pursuing an education. Most likely would find a job though, they have resort restaurants and that sort of thing. You'd have a lot of fun, but as far as a future goes I don't know.,
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 236x354
Is the rest of your family in australia?
>>
>>17115728
Yeah
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 600x191) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 600x191
>>17115750
Well then my suggestion would be to stay in australia
>>
>>17115508
canada sucks, their economy is worse than yours. and its cold as fuck all the time. they do have hockey and curling though, but thats not enough for me to be able to recommend it. i dont understand why youd want to leave straya, id go there myself if you guys werent all like "fuck off we're full"
>>
>>17115814

This is retarded advice from an American. Ignore
>>
>>17115814
nah that's a misconception dude. we hate asians and muslims, not white people.
>>
>>17115508
Are you applying for citizenship? What's are the terms of your residency while you're there? That's the #1 most important thing you need to know. You will have NO work opportunities if you do not go through the proper legal channels to become a citizen. Visas/residencies are temporary, and your job prospects are shit if you're 19, uneducated and only there on a temporary pass. No one wants to deal with the headache of your immigration status.

Get that figured out, then figure out if you'd be happy making minimum wage until your life is settled, and you can go to school.
>>
>>17115827

I'd say half of Banff's workforce is temporary foreigners
>>
>>17115819
The people may be okay with white foreigners, but try fucking moving there. They make it very difficult, and you get a very strong "fuck off we're full" vibe.
>>
>>17115815
whats that? youll have to speak up, i cant hear you over all these freedoms!
>>
>>17115909
>Muh everything is memes and I communicate soley through memes

I know.
>>
apply to work/volunteer for banff national park.
>>
>>17115508
REALLY consider the climate, if you don't like the cold, Canada will be torture
>>
>>17115765
Why's that?
>>
fuck off we're full
>>
>>17115531
I live 2 hours from here, if you'd like you can e-mail me.

I'm [email protected] , I'll be out for the day but I can get back to ya soon!!
>>
Do you want to go?

If you think you might like it you could always try it. You don't need to stay forever. You could plan to go for a year and don't like it there is nothing to stop you moving back to Aus.

Don't worry about the future. Things have a habit of falling into place.

In life it is more common to regret the things you don't than the things that you do.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.