[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bank fraud
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 600x600
A younger friend of mine recently took about 1.8k of his bank account that he didn't have. He's 17 so the bank isn't even supposed to allow him to overdraft. The only reason he did is because they were doing some sort of maintenance and lowered their security. He doesn't have really anyone other then me for advice and I'm not good with this shit so does anyone have anything that could help me help him out? The bank (NBSC, in South Carolina) told him that he may be facing a felony. But his father co-signed the account so I'm confused on who would get charged with what?
>>
>>17115136
So he should give it back. Why is this even a question?
>>
>>17115152
Yeah, he's a fucktard. He kinda spent it.
>>
>>17115162
The he should face the consequences of his stupidity. Maybe it'll teach him something.
>>
>>17115172
I mean, in his defense. He was expecting a large amount of money. And he thought it was in there because he's been denied money before so he knew he couldn't overdraft.
He's thinking about taking this to court. He's willing to work and pay it back, but he literally signed a piece of paper stating he wasn't supposed to be able to overdraft. I'm trying figure out his chances of not fucking up his relationship and a good portion or his life if he does get slapped with bank fraud.
>>
>>17115136
The only way to fix it is to pay it back as soon as possible. He can try taking out some kind of loan from another bank to pay it back, but he's still going to have to pay that back, with interest. There's no such thing as free money. Tell him to get a job or sell some shit, ideally whatever he spent it on, if he wants to have any chance of saving his credit and possible avoiding a criminal record.
>>
>>17115185
Court is going to cost a lot more money than that in lawyer fees. Doesn't seem worth it IMO.
>>
>>17115196
He has a week and the bank could care less about if he's willing to pay it.
He barley has anything, he's had a lot of rough patches since he moved out on his own. Any idea of what kind of time he may face? I've seen bank fraud cases that had someone facing 5-10 years but they actually meant do to what they did and scammed like $110,000.
And he's a minor, I just want something to tell him. He's scared man, I feel for him.
>>
>>17115185
>He was expecting a large amount of money.
What kind of kid who has nothing would expect 1.8k in his account? What did he even spend it on?
>>
Of course the bank would say that... they want him to pay it back obviously.... He's not really in trouble here. There's nothing they can do legally, he has a fantastic defense. Worst that could happen is he has to pay it back over time.
>>
File: 1453724383752.jpg (18 KB, 259x200) Image search: [Google]
1453724383752.jpg
18 KB, 259x200
>>17115258
This is false. It is so false it makes my brain hurt, nay recoil violently in my head.

He'll have to repay it. Best case he can take it to arbitration (suing your bank, good luck with that) and reach an agreement to pay over time at no interest because of the bank's mistake and his age.

Most likely case, he gets treated an adult, his credit is fucked before he even has any and he still pays it back over time with interest.

Worth it to hire an attorney to keep this in the realm of something "your friend" can recover from rather than crippling debt forever.

We know you don't have any friends OP. Pay back the bank and stay off this board until you're 18.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.