[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I love you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 300x168
Is 2 months in a relationship too early to say I love you ?

Bonus question: In your experience, how long is it until is it appropriately considered to say "I Love you"?

Bonus question: What's the earliest a partner has said it to you ?
>>
>>17114608
Love is unconditional. Would you do ANYTHING for them and expect nothing in return? Are you selfless? Would you clean up their crap if they poo on the floor and still feel the same about them? Lust is not love.

>What's the earliest a partner has said it to you ?
Said it to me, about 4-5 months in, I don't know if she really loved me or the idea of loving someone that accepted her and treated her well.
>>
>>17114619
I'm withwith anon, love is unconditional but is sometimes unrequited.
My first serious partner said it to me about 5 months in.
>>
>>17114608
depends.

my first boyfriend actually said it about 2 months in. it felt right because we spent everyday together since we started dating.

my current said it in about 3 months... kinda made me worry at the time because i thought he said it too easily and i didn't think he knew me well enough to say that genuinely. met on tinder, and with the distance and everything... we've only met once at the time. (though we did text everyday and pretty much pour our hearts out) but now it's all good; he's been true to his word and shows how much he thinks about me and loves me everyday.

i don't mind waiting a year or so to hear that as long as they mean it. take that as you will, but essentially, the more you understand them and accept their flaws and stuff, the more meaning and weight it carries.
>>
I had a girl say it to me six days after meeting me, right after we had a threesome with another girl

I don't think there's a hard and fast rule, it depends on what it means to you

People like >>17114619 attach a bunch of weird obligations to it but to me love is an emotion, 'I love you' just means you're feeling feelings without much further significance
>>
File: 1454798454923.png (660 KB, 1106x1012) Image search: [Google]
1454798454923.png
660 KB, 1106x1012
6 month minimum, year max. Had an unrequited chubby chick tell me she loved me after our second date and had a meltdown on facebook after 3 days of not talking.

Shits creepy.

If you're thinking of saying I love you, ask yourself the following about the object of your affection.
What is her middle name?
What is her favorite color?
What is her quest? (Couldn't resist) No, but I'm serious here. What does she want to do in life? Do you want the same things? Kids? Dogs?
Can you put up with her family?
Can you get away with murdering her family?
Does she care about what you want in life? Do you care what she wants? Do you even know?

I made the mistake of telling the first girl ever to go down on me that I loved her a week or two in.

She (rightfully) told me I was insane and cut ties. Hurt like nothing else in this life ever has, but a decade later I can look back and see she did the right thing.

Don't be to eager to fall in love. It's nice, but it opens you to pain that is intense and often long lasting. If you're happy just being a couple that fucks and watches netflix, be that.

You all probably won't listen, but that's okay. The pain will shape you into something stronger if you make it through.
>>
>>17114709
OP here
Thank to every anon that has answered so far
You've all helped one way or another

As for you anon , the only thing I don't know about gf is her middle name, other than that I'm 110% sure of my feelings for my gf
I'd like to say I love her unconditionally, and I believe it
We have been going out for almost 2 months but we've know each other for almost 4 years, so I hope that counts for something.
>>
It depends on the both of you, there is no straight answer.
>>
Told my gf I loved her on our second date (after a month of knowing each other) and she's been my wife for a year and a half now. Depends on the girl.
>>
3 days
I ran as fast as I could
>>
>>17114608
me and my bf said we loved each other before we even started dating
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.