[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dirt poor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_nh9ovcBZ2I1sly9wso1_500.jpg (34 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nh9ovcBZ2I1sly9wso1_500.jpg
34 KB, 500x750
I have 26$ to my name, no income atm, and am out of food. How do I not starve until I get food stamps and unemployment
>>
rice
>>
>>17114156
butter and potatoes technically give you all the nutrients you need to survive
>>
>>17114156

Instant oatmeal isn't bad if you have the means to boil water, its generally like 2.50 for a 10 pack, I eat 2 packs in a serving; works out to .25 cents a packet. Also ramen noodles.
>>
>>17114186
Ramen is expensive, buy rice. Big ass bag for like 3 cents.
>>
Biggest bag of white rice you can afford and a bunch of dry beans/lentils. Go to soup kitchens and homeless shelters as well for food. Do you have a roof over your head? Pawn off some non-essential posessions in a yard sale to make a little extra. Anything that won't help you get back on your feet. Ask /diy/ about dumpster diving.

Once you've got some money to burn set up an emergency supply of food staples for when money's tight. White rice lasts longer than brown so pick that one. Beans and lentils are also cheap. Eggs, whole, raw chicken (provided you know how to break it down), and root vegetables/aromatics such as potatoes, onions, garlic, carrots, celery, etc. cost a pittance in larger quantities. Flour is dirt cheap as well.

Save everything. Scraps from your vegetables? Freeze them and once you have enough make it into stock. Fat you render out of your chicken when cooking? Perfect to cook other food in. Bones from chicken? Freeze it for when you're making stock.

If you want, try couponing. It costs quite a bit of time to save any serious amount of money but if you're not employed you can do it during whatever time you're not looking for a job.
>>
>>17114156
boiled rice and any flavoring
>>
Dumpster dive the back of fast food restaurants

They throw out expired food
>>
>>17114156
food pantry has boxed shit
save 26 in case u get sick or something
>>
File: lUrHnouiKf_penis-goes-where-5.jpg (25 KB, 384x454) Image search: [Google]
lUrHnouiKf_penis-goes-where-5.jpg
25 KB, 384x454
beg, I guess. Since you have the internet, go look up begging techniques.
>>
>>17114156
Go to Walmart.
Grab 20$ big box item.
Grab 100$ smaller item.
Put in big box.
(Does Walmart have self serve?)
Buy item.
Go to pawn shop.
Sell for 50.
You've just made 30 bucks.
>> probably don't go back for a while.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.