[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a stay-at-home mom and I need some advice. >Live
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1461448534657.jpg (44 KB, 400x325) Image search: [Google]
1461448534657.jpg
44 KB, 400x325
I'm a stay-at-home mom and I need some advice.

>Live with my husband and child
>Didn't work for about 5 years until I got a job
>Get job and work for 9 months before I get into an accident
>Am now disabled from back injury and can't work since I'm semi-permanent disabled
>Can't walk for much, require electrotherapy daily/hourly? and sitting down with cushion is only thing comfortable
>Use back bracer when commuting to pick up and drop off my son from school
>Housework is limited. Can't really vacuum or mop
>Husband works his 8 hours but complains about me not cooking for him since he's been cooking daily ( voluntarily )

I require advice on this, please. I maintain the house tidy, I dust and try to keep the house clean. Wash clothes in small amounts so I don't carry much. What should I do? In truth, my husband literally comes home straight to either cook dinner and spends the next several hours gaming and leaves me with my son to do our own thing.

tl:dr
>Husband complains because I don't cook daily when he gets home when he has clean clothes, a clean-ish house, and complete care of his child
>Limited on chores due to back injury and I'm practically strapped onto the electrotherapy thing all day/night

Shouldn't I have him help me with at least half the chores? At this point all he really does is wash the dishes and cook.Everything else is done by me.
>>
You and your husband are both shit and should give the child up for adoption so there's at least a chance he doesn't grow up to be a neglectful, lazy little shit like both of you.
>>
That sounds like hell op. Also, brace self for probable incoming misogynist comments because you are le female.
From specifically what you told us? I would say...

if he's really only complaining about the cooking thing, tell him that until you've healed he needs to understand it's hard for you to cook all the time. Unless he wants the same boring, quick meals. It usually takes me a good 1-1.5 hours to cook something new and decent IF we have the right material or i'm fishing around for random ideas and ingredients trying to make up something.
>>
>>17113858

>le misogynist boogyman

fuck off
>>
>>17113869
>boogeyman
lol, ah you sheep. So brainwashed it never ceases to amaze me.

But yeah op just be honest with him. He's a grown man.
>>
File: 123214321224.gif (2 MB, 230x172) Image search: [Google]
123214321224.gif
2 MB, 230x172
>>17113877

Stay awoke
>>
And what exactly is your reason for not cooking? What do you even feed your son whilst your husband is away?
You could do atleast prep work if standing up in the kitchen is too much to ask. Also: isn't there a way insurance would cover a household help if you GENUINELY have health problems that don't allow you to do certain tasks? Your husband is already doing his part by working 8h a day. He should be able to come home to a warm dinner and not think about chores...
>>
>>17113974

Life isn't fair.

He only deals with work for 8 hours. She deals with crippling back pain every waking hour, plus being a mom, plus cleaning and tidying.

As a person suffering from a back injury...

Fuck you.

From the deepest part of my heart, fuck you.

He gets to just go to work, lock himself in a room for hours playing vidya and not doing his duty as a husband and as a dad that wants to spend time with his kid? Don't you see how unfair that is?

Prick.
>>
>>17113998

Neither of them do their duty. Adoption for the child
>>
>>17113998
My problem is, that i strongly suspect that this is only one side of the story. If OP's back REALLY is as injured as she would like to make us believe, she made the mistake of marrying a giant asshole or fails to get appropriate help, which isn't exactly the husbands responsibility since only she can properly judge how much of a helping hamd she would need (maybe a cleaning lady once a week would already do the trick...). However, judging from the whiny tone and the lack of solution oriented communication with the husband, i think OP likes her victime role a tad to much and might also be a lazy thing looking for excuses for being lazy.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.