[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. I am not happy. I am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_4352.png (608 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4352.png
608 KB, 1136x640
I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. I am not happy. I am in constant pain. It has also caused my anxiety to worsen tremendously, and I can't spend a moment without being afraid of nothing.

Anons, do you have illnesses? How do you cope with it? I'm scared that I'm going to allow this to completely ruin me.
>>
>>17113824
Something's up with my digestive system but doctors can't figure out what, and I'm too much of a big ol vagina to undergo a biopsy cuz it's surgery. I've eaten BBQ and had to have the car pull over so I could waddle into the rain and spray shit on some plants. I've had to skip school because I kept having diarrhea. It's gotten better over the years, but today I realized apparently drinking coffee after going without it for a while is a big fucking no-no
>>
>>17113824

Stop eating things with gluten. Stop eating or drinking dairy. Google specific foods to avoid with this disease and avoid them.

Pot will help too believe it or not.

All of these things may help significantly.
>>
>>17113870
pot isn't legal in my state, but CBD is. will that be ok.
>>
>>17113824
I have bipolar disorder and my moods have been my misery for the past 5 years since diagnosis.

Today I suddenly felt very happy walking around the beach, but I've been reducing my meds lately and I'm afraid I might just be getting manic again.

UC sounds rough man, good luck
>>
>>17113840
if it's digestive, then go ask for a colonoscopy. that's really what you need to do.
>>
>>17113885
Surgery just freaks me out because I've woken up in the middle of doctors resetting broken bones before. It was a while ago, but it just makes me really nervous because I still remember it, even though anesthesia's supposed to make you forget it
>>
>>17113899
colonoscopy is not surgery. if you have a decent doctor, you shouldn't wake up during if they are worth their salt. don't stress so much.
>>
>>17113882

Who the fuck cares if it is legal? I am sure you have a friend that can hook you up. Getting caught with less than an ounce is basically a citation even where it is illegal. It is basically no worse than a traffic ticket.
>>
>>17113907
Oh gotcha. Surgery itself makes me nervous, the whole possibility of complications, but I should've specified the anesthesia thing. I'm not sure how to get over it, I know it was mostly scary just because I was a kid, but ever since then I've been way more nervous of anything beyond a simple check-up
>>
>>17113907

There are different types of procedures and different types of anesthesia. Colonoscopy is generally a heavy sedation. You are still sort of awake during it but you really don't give a shit. I promise it is not traumatic. You will fart a lot when your eating pancakes at Dennys when your done which is the most emotionally traumatic part of the whole process.
>>
>>17113921
I thought you gotta wait in the room until you fart

As a random thing, multiple people in my family have this B12 deficiency. There's a thing that can happen in the intestines where you have irritation that also makes you absorb less B12. Last test I had, I had the lower end of normal.
>>
>>17113921
in my case, they completely knocked me out for my colonoscopy.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.