[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I need to report an accident if only my car is damaged from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 500x706
Do I need to report an accident if only my car is damaged from sliding into water, nobody is injured including me, no charges were pressed, only my car was damaged, no property and other people were harmed?

I'm in Texas btw.
>>
No. In fact if the damage is minimal then just go get it repaired on your own if you feel like it and pay out of pocket.

If you report it to your insurance you'll have to claim it on your insurance. They'll fix it for you but you'll still pay your deductible, but more importantly it'll be on your record with and your premiums will increase.

This is why a lot of people like to take care of minor accidents on their own. Even when two people are involved, because both parties usually understand how insurance works.
>>
Sliding into water how? If there was no public or private (cars) property damage to anything else then no cops needed but you could report it to your insurance.
>>
>>17113528
The only damage was to my car, it's totaled no collision insurance but it's a used car I bought.

>>17113534
Flooding Houston, cops reported it and I got rid of it through a wrecking company.
>>
Nope
>>
>>17113514
Failed murder suicide much? sweat balls op we're onto you

>'no charges were pressed'
>>
>>17113543
If you think it's totaled then you might want to claim it. Actually you probably should. It's why you have insurance for "big" issues.

Research the Blue Book value on your car. Then check the price based on dealer. Not private party. Then subtract the difference of your deductible because it will come out of the value of your vehicle. If you'll get some money back then claim it.

I flooded a car out about 8 years ago. In Houston too actually. Pistons went straight through the block when I tried to start it. Anyway, I got enough money from my insurance to replace the engine.

A couple weeks ago I did get in an accident and someone hit me. My truck was a total loss. Claimed it on his insurance and surprisingly got $8,200. I checked the value on my truck and it was only $6,400. It was a 16 year old truck. So you might get back more than you think. Something to think about if you do go about claiming it.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.