[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
INB4 OP Is A Baby
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1000x1000.jpg (85 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1000x1000.jpg
85 KB, 1000x1000
Sup /adv/enturers.
I'm at a crossroads. Help me out.
>Working stupid fucking job I hate.
>Live with parents, kissless virgin juniorwizard, 21y/o.
>Going to community college, knockin' out some geneds, mang.I fucking love school.
>Job makes me miserable. The only time I'm happy is when I'm at school learning stuff.
>Have 16/17k USD inna bank from shitty fucking job.
>Basically a hermit, no social life. I only spend money on gas, food, car insurance and goofy shit I might need.
> I want to get an advanced degree. I want to learn as much as I can.
>I'm strongly considering quitting my shitty fucking job and going balls to the walls school for a little bit.
> A professor told me that I should fuck work and take out a loan if I need to, as I'm deadly serious about my education.
Help me out, adv. I'm not a lazy person. I work my ass off, but I feel work is holding me back from achieving what I want at school.
>>
>Mom doesn't like the idea.
>Part of me says fuck mom, it's my life.
>Other part is strongly tethered to family opinion because I live under their roof. Still.
>>
What did you want to study?
>>
>>17113034
I'm really not sure anon. I just know if I keep working this shitty ass fucking job It'll only hold me back. Sure I could work full time, and go to school but I'm afraid I'd end up doing a shitty job of both work and school.
My passion is writing, philosophy and to an extent, medicine.
>>
>>17113045
Ever considered becoming an EMT?
>>
>>17113058
Yes, and that's one of the reasons I went to college. I don't want to make so little money doing something that exhausting/self destructive. I have the utmost respect for EMT's, but it's a shitty job and I want to do something more "brainy", for lack of a better term.
Again, utmost respect for EMT's. I wanted to be one for a very long time.
>>
>>17113061
Well what about becoming an RN or PA? Very in demand and we'll paying jobs. Surgical technician as well.
>>
>>17113069
Right now I work in an assisted living place. I do general foodservice work there. Frankly, I'm tired of healthcare. Maybe later I'd consider going back into it, but I'm finding myself hating the people I'm supposed to be helping to take care of.
It's a bad sign about myself that I feel that way so often.
Granted, the people I work with love me to death. I don't think any of them have the slightest idea I hate them all to varying degrees.
Again, I know this is terrible.
>>
Bumps.
>>
>>17113016
>waaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaah i have a job i hate

here is truth about the working world: everybody has a job they hate. suck it up and get used to it.

>basically a hermit...

most people who have jobs are hemits.
anything else you want to do comes down to you and your work life balance.
>>
>>17113241
I'm with you, but should I /can I drop work in favor of school? Is 16 grand in savings enough to allow me to dedicate myself fully to school? Are loans a horrific idea
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.