[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Just be yourself Okay. Fine. But what if my self is someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (262 KB, 499x280) Image search: [Google]
image.png
262 KB, 499x280
>Just be yourself
Okay. Fine. But what if my self is someone who prefers staying home after work/on his days off due to a mix of naturally nerdy hobbies and tinnitus on both ears which prevents me from doing the social things I'd love to do like going to film and music festivals. What if I've never had many friends ever and what if the only family I speak to on a regular basis are my on and little brother?

Should I force myself to change to try and become a normie?
>>
not if you're happy

if you're unhappy, I would suggest starting small. maybe have a piece of fruit instead of that cookie. take a short walk or something.
>>
>>17112891
Just be yourself is advice for talking to girls, not meeting them you dense fuck.
>>
"be yourself" is shit advice. Take this: Be the way you want to be.
>>
>>17112956
If you follow this advice, don't complain if you don't achieve what you want in life.
>>
>>17112969
at least you tried. Better than most people.
>>
The full--less succinct--line of advice is more like:

Strive to truly become the best possible version of your self that makes you happy and proud to be who you are.

But that's a mouthful, so: "Just be yourself"
>>
>>17112977
What? I'm not unlikeable, I'm just saying that if you refuse to change, don't complain when your personal situation doesn't change. And if you're not changing anything, you're unlikely to be trying anyway (and most people do try)
>>
>>17112988
who said anything about not changing?
>>
>>17112994
The people who are going to take the advice 'be the way you want me to be' are going to be the people who need to change things about themselves, but don't want to.
>>
>>17113004
If those people feel that the way they are is the way they want to be then why should they change?!
>>
>>17113004
oh you also just put a "you" and a "me" into the quote, which is incorrect.
>>
>>17113008
No one's saying they have to. Unless they want something about their lives to change, in which case they're going to have to change. For example, you can't complain you don't have friends if you don't go out and meet people, and refuse to start doing so.
>>
>>17113015
Yeah. So when exactly did you figure that "Be the way you want to be" is contradicting what you are saying? Because I can't see it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.