[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to be a detective, the only problem is I'm bipolar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Detective.jpg (204 KB, 1600x1302) Image search: [Google]
Detective.jpg
204 KB, 1600x1302
I want to be a detective, the only problem is I'm bipolar and because of this I can't join the police force.

I don't want to be a detective because of TV shows, it just fits my natural talents. I'm highly intuitive and good at picking up small details and making educated guesses.

I was thinking of studying psychology at university to get into the field of Forensic Psychology. Clinical psychology would be the last thing I'd want to do, I want something more hands on, even if it's just researching criminal though processes at a university.

But mainly I'd like to be a detective. I just watched the BTK killer's confessional video and it made me sick. While I'm not so idealistic to believe that there is a way to completely stop them, I'd like to catch people like this and put them where the sun doesn't shine.
>>
Are you sure your condition bars you from joining the police? Is it not controlled by medication?
>>
>>17112401

Well I'm not sure I know I definitely can't join the military, a history of even being treated with medication for a mental illness bars you. I've been to psych wards numerous times, I'm type 1 bipolar and I go off the deep end when I go manic. I'm balanced currently and on meds, the problem is I feel like I'd be a liability and also I have an active firearm hold on me. I really want to be a detective but I wouldn't mind working behind the scene like profiling people and inspecting crime scenes
>>
>>17112429
What's a psych ward really like?
>>
>>17112429
Well having the firearms hold would most likely bar you but most municipal agencies like fire/police/ems don't have the same retarded medical standards the military does, and will allow you to join no matter your medical history as long as you can pass the agility tests.

I tried to join the Navy years ago but was barred because I have high blood pressure. Never mind the fact that I'm on meds for it and my BP is completely fine, no if you're on meds you can't go to basic because reasons. So fucking dumb.

I'm a firefighter now so obviously my fitness is not a problem. Writing this post made me mad all over again.
>>
>>17112456

Sorry bro. I'm gonna check it out, firefighter sounds pretty awesome too. It might sound autistic how I keep repeating this but I want to be a fucking detective!!

I'm 6'1", 220 lbs I lost 30 pounds this year so if I was gonna apply I want to be Chad tier buff.

>>17112431

If you're still there I'll write up a post. It really depends on each ward, 2 were nice and 2 were horror movie level scary.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.