[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it too long to text someone to go out after meeting them a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: texting-etiquette.jpg (2 MB, 2171x2380) Image search: [Google]
texting-etiquette.jpg
2 MB, 2171x2380
We met a month ago in a bar and seemed to get on well, she proposed we swapped numbers. I've had some stuff going on up until now but would now like to go for a drink with her. Have I left it too long?
>>
>>17112257
Take a swing worst case rejected by a random best case score.
>>
>>17112260
I mean, I'm sure I will text, like you say, nothing to loose. Just wondering how I'll come across, randomly getting into contact a month later.
>>
>>17112326
Just let her know you ended up really busy but enjoyed meeting her. Ask her how things are going
>>
It wouldn't hurt to ask I guess. Unless she's pissed off and she goes off on you.

As a woman though i would probably ignore you if its been a month.
Then again, I'm not the type who gives my number out to someone at a bar.
>>
>>17112329
>>17112338
I wasn't going to bring up the timeframe, just let her know I'm going to be in the area, and ask to meet for a drink. Is that a bad idea?
>>
Bump for a few more opinions
>>
Eh, it might come off a bit thirsty, but whatever, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

>just let her know I'm going to be in the area, and ask to meet for a drink. Is that a bad idea?
Were you away or something? I've had this situation many times when I had a job with offices in 2 cities and changed cities every few weeks. Sometimes it worked out, sometimes it didn't.
>>
>>17112358
you COULD lie about forgetting her name and then you couldn't find it, then you remembered again, diddn't know if it'd still be worth it..

or calling her and saying "hey you might not remember me, I was busy" whatever..

it's possible op, you can do it.
>>
>>17112555
Nah, I had other stuff going on emotionally and didn't fancy trying to start something new. Defiantly not something I'd bring up or want to discuss.

>>17112571
I don't feel like lying to her. Thank you for the vote of confidence. It actually helps!
>>
>>17112705
Ypu've given yourself the best advice in this thread.
>>
>>17112731
He didn't give himself any advice. Just a self doubting idiot
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.