[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help a robot find love?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: Itsame.png (43 KB, 163x223) Image search: [Google]
Itsame.png
43 KB, 163x223
so pic related, itsa me.

>live in the Greatest of Britains
>24 turning 25 in Aug
>1.79m, 80kg, 10 -15% fat index.
>33.5k year salary, increasing quite regularly with bonus and quite a bit of holiday.
>Have a house, car, can cook keep myself clean, and fed on more than student meals.

So I think I'm doing well there, I want to move on to the next phase of life. Finding someone to make the journey through life with. Do i put all that on a card hand it out?

any Femanons have ideas.
>>
meet people. talk and have fun. meet more people. and someday you find someone, when you use the opportunity.
>>
>>17111707
Believe me man, with your looks, get social and you'll get girls.
>>
>>17111707
online dating.
>>
>>17111707
Is that supposed to be a tie knot? Fucking hell OP.
>>
Wtf you're such a cutiepie why are you having problems with this? Just chill fa.m.
>>
>>17111734
>>17111775
>>17111854

I don't have a problem being social, I do have problem not being a robot. like
>Having date going well, nice night, nice sleep, make breakfast enjoyable.
>1.5hrs later I'm taking her through ingoing/ outgoing calculations, mortgages loans etc.
>not seeing each other any more, but shes still working off all that info and has her head screwed on right compared to her other friends.

I don't even know how we went from A to B, but literally that what I remember the order going as.

>>17111810

I've thought of giving it go, is any good, recommendations?

>>17111844

gonna be really pompous and say its a cravat, worn with tux and waistcoat. Most recent Pic of me at an embassy dinner.

>>17111854

Thanks.

I swear that it shouldn't be this hard.
>>
>>17111897
>I've thought of giving it go, is any good, recommendations?
No idea. OKcupid and Tinder seem the to go places nowadays.
>>
>>17111707
oh man you look like this guy i used to date. so what's the problem op? apparently you're social enough and it's pretty clear you don't look like some toad.

just make a girl laugh or something and hope she's not crazy.
>>
>>17111897
To what kind of event does one wear a red waistcoat? Unless you plan on having Batman turn up.
>>
>>17111897
You were helping her with her finances? You sure she wasn't using you. I dunno OP maybe you're going for the wrong people. Why don't you sit back a while and think about what you want out of a relationship? Don't just look for one because that's what you're supposed to do at this age.
>>
>>17111913

Thanks, unless that bad and then I'm sorry. Glad i don't resemble a toad at least. Comedy - so are we talking learning all of michael mcintyre sets, or like personal humor, developed through life experiences.

>>17111935

>Embassy Dinner
Was meeting with oligarch and sheikh type business men, enjoyable, but not when they splash more money and your supposed to uphold British integrity. If batman had turned up, it would have been to introduce foot to a face, not to mingle as Bruce Wayne.

>>17111936

It wasn't malicious, it was one afternoon.
Can't say I'm going for the wrong people only 3 relationships.

I want a relationship out of the relationship, nothing grand, not asking for the love of Paris and Helen of troy. Someone who shares interests, has their own things to do, but willing for mutual support and affection.
>>
>>17111995
I referred to Batman because your outfit looks like something the Joker would wear Anon.
>>
>>17111995
Honestly you seem put together, smart and pretty nice. You'll meet the right girl, buddy. I mean after all you're pretty easy on the eyes too if you don't mind me perving. But yeah. Don't worry too much and give yourself some time to date around and stuff. Put yourself out there and you might be surprised
>>
>>17111995
it's a compliment; i only date qt's. the thing about him though was that i just ended up falling for someone else. he almost became my boyfriend though. almost. and then he completely blew his chances when he went ballistic one day when i told him i didn't feel like going to class (i was an art student) and about how i "lied" about my passions or whatever. pretty sure he was just butt hurt i didn't keep going out with him. don't do that op.

and i dunno, you could stick chopsticks up your nose and make a chewbacca noise for all i care. read your social cues and see what's appropriate to make her laugh and not weird her out. stay out of politics for example if she seems particularly sensitive. just have fun.
>>
>>17112010

thanks buddy. I'll try to find a set in purple, forgo the makeup, and see if I could at least find a Harley Quin, but without abusive and derogatory relationship aspects.

>>17112015

Tis the curse of good cheeckbones, so all is fine.

I put myself out, and then get caught in my own catch-22 trap. Either don't know someone well enough to date, or know them too well, and its not friend-zone, but more of I follow that we'd want different things and that alright.

I feel like a safe option and that is what I am, but that doesn't make for an exciting love life and thrills.

>what I seem to be implying to myself is a I want woman to give me dating CVs.

which seems to point to going online. but that seems ever scarier than actually meeting people.
>>
>>17112064
Don't go online. Tinder is a terrifying cesspool of nuts and tailchasers. It's not a bad thing but yknow.

On the other hand maybe you're just kinda intimidating. I dunno if I speak for the majority but a lot do shy away from what is perceived to be "above their pay grade".

Either way good fuckin luck
>>
>>17112055

I'm sorry for his lose, but you dodged a bullet at least. wouldn't dream of it so rude.
>Reading social cues
I better not have to get my instruction booklet on how to interact with people again. Which is arb considering my job is human interaction/ managment/ and shepherding. but what the level of humor that then you know someone is interested, do i have to JD it with the Skeleton had nobody to go with?

politics? if she isn't doing her best for Queen Lizzy, then no respect.

>>17112078

I too have heard horror stories of tinder, and felt sorry for some of the people others choose to mock.

I try to keep pay and jobs out of the dates, i don't go esp to places that they could afford etc. harder when I take them to my house, and its not a studio apt. or after uni diggs. I've looked or ladies at work but i'm the youngest there by a good 10yrs, or have Employer/ Employee relationship bridge first. Tried at the partys, but you can never tell whos a prozzy, which I have no problem with as lifestyle or job choice. but a killer when you get to a room and the talk turns to tricks and prices.

Luck? wouldn't happen to have a 7 leaf clover by any chance, got a man to mars, might just be enough.
>>
>>17112138
Bruh. You have your shit together at 24 and I mean sure that's attractive but desu it kinda gives me the what am I doing with my life willies. I'm only 4 years younger and I've done absolutely nothing of note. Maybe you should date someone older who knows. Or wait for one of your friends to have a wedding and scope the crowd. My vote is on older woman.

Shucks senpai don't you brits have the luck of the irish with you or is that just what the colonial propoganda told me
>>
>>17112138
i guess you'll have to take your chances then. do what you think is funny. if she doesn't respond positively, sucks for her, and you want someone who can stand your sense of humor anyway.
>>
>>17112154

Its fine, everybody goes at a different pace, don't take my life as metric, if I hadn't done this I would have followed my parents into moisture farming. just make sure your enjoying each step, and that you're moving along.

>Brits/ luck of the Irish
two separate countries,
great britain ( england, scotland, wales, Ireland lite)
Repulic of Ireland, who would rather you didn't call them British.

>>17112154

Thanks for the help. I think I have a pretty easy going attitude and sense of humor, not many sharp edges.

I want someone to ask the question that I've got on tip of my tongue but can formulate out. I am asking for advice, but I don't even know what question I'm asking.

I've done the foundation building stage of my life, and now I know what should come next, but "how do"?
>>
>>17112254
Maybe the problem is that you're thinking of everything as a step by step. Things aren't gonna happen that way, you just have to see how things work out. I hate to get weird on you but while you do have to act you have to allow the world around you room to act as well. Don't plan everything out just let it go. Maybe you'll find what you need but don't sweat it
>>
>>17112270
I know that's a problem, it not weird, the world does move without my command, but I do like plans and directions.I can let go and go with the flow, but its a bad idea without a guide of sorts.

I'm willing to answer questions to find my particular brand of internet autism.

I think I need dating advice its a different situation than just being sociable, and require a different confidence, my 3 relationships have been as a result of the girl asking me out.

please and thank you for the advice.
>>
>>17111707
you definately seem to have it all, you just need to go out there and actually TRY
>>
>>17111707
shameless self bump
>>
>>17112747
practise makes perfect

go out and try

and stop talking about boring shit, find out what their interests or hobbies are and ask questions about that
>>
>>17112746
>>17112749
Thanks for the input.

I don't fail to get or be interactive. I do try quite regularly, at least once a week. I make friends easily and can get people comfortable around me. I just don't seem to know when to make the leap from friends to more than.

I think i'm trying, but quite obvs i'm trying to push rope, but i cant self examine the problem.

>finances
>boring shit
jeesh, what even is life
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.