[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do i do with myself /adv/? my life has just been slowly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 500x600
what do i do with myself /adv/?

my life has just been slowly advancing less and less. Mid 20s and i still live at home. i fucking hate myself. I fell for the degree meme and months have gone by and I can't get a job. the rejection is taxing on my ego. I can't even pretend to be that motivate happy guy. I'm begining to hate my area of study and have lost all passion and interest for it. I can't even pretend to care about it anymore. I have zero motivation to do anything. I don't have any friends and my only social contact is my girlfriend. My parents are begining to hate me and everyday I'm told how useless I am. And they're right.

I don't know what to do or what I like or what my purpose is. I feel stuck in my life and don't know where to go from here.

I'm not fat, ugly, socially retarded, or unintelligent. I don't know why my life hasn't worked out. I try.
>>
You have a gf and yet you still complain?

Fuck you.
>>
Have you ever worked in your field professionally? You should try an internship or volunteer work in your given field. Its really the only way to get into some career fields and it gets you past the catch-22 "degree but no xp".
>>
Your situation sounds a little like mine. Although I can't offer advice, just know that you are definitely not the only one. Maybe it's time to take drastic changes? If you're a student, do you have access to free counselling? Would it be financially viable to change your degree? Try to find part time work and move out of the house? In any case, hang in there. I'm trying my best to as well, but some days the feels are too much.
>>
>>17111705

Having a girlfriend will not solve any of your major problems in life. In fact, it will create much more.

Women are incapable of dealing with your issues too. So it becomes another happy persona I have to pretend to be.
>>
>>17111706

I'm not clueless. I've tried. Internships in my field are very structured, incredibly competitive and are full length summer programs. Strictly offered to juniors only. The ship has sailed for that one.

Though I did try very hard to secure one during third year. I failed. Not like it fucking matters now anyway.

I fucking hate myself.

I don't even know if I ever had any interest in my area of study and I'm beginning to hate it for not securing me a job despite its utility.
>>
>>17111730
>>17111730

I've already graduated. It's been close to 5 months now. I haven't been able to find a job. I'm turning into a NEET. I wouldn't even know how to live alone and would probably be crushed due to loneliness. Even if I had a job that could pay rent I might not due to the depression induced by going to an empty home.

Being at this age is fucking terrible. I am questioning the reason behind everything I've done. I've just been floating by.

Why am I doing something if I don't even like it
>>
>>17111705

how old are you?
>>
>>17111882
What field?
>>
>>17112044

It doesn't matter. All you need to know is it's not some useless thing like art or literature
>>
>>17112074
Fucking tell us you pathetic little shit so we know how to help you. God I hate people like you, ate you embarrassed?
>>
>>17112074
CS or stem I wonder, either way I bet you were one of those faggots who spent 4 years shitposting about people taking "useless" degrees in the humanities.

What I can't believe is that given your situation you're STILL doing it.
>>
>>17112227

Nah I have an huge appreciation for both those fields. I'm just trying to avoid the "you should have studied something useful" crowd before they come in here
>>
>>17113130
Well what did you study? Not gonna bully you, just curious.
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 275x183
>>17111698
>>
>>17111698
OP exact same situation. I graduated 2 years ago. I was working in a restaurant that eventually closed for 6 months. That's been my only line of work. I get rejected by my local Walmart and Best Buy. And I've had like 5 interviews ever. I did internships and all. Im not fucking retarded.

But I haven't applied to a place in weeks. I've just lost all motivation. I have a bit of cash from the restaurant job that I spend freely on booze or unnecessary shit. My parents look at me like a disappointment. I have a severely fucked up sleep schedule right now. Im literally just getting fat, poor and depressed as the days go by.

I fucking relish family gatherings, cause I know the eventual conversations.
>hey did you find a job yet?
>n-no
>oh well why dont you apply at _____ they're always looking there!
>o-ok

All my friends have basically stopped texting me. They all post shit on Facebook of promotions, or traveling, or getting engaged or whatever. I have accomplished nothing. I cant even bare to hang up my degree on the wall because I feel like it would be like staring into a life that could've been. I've had jobs in the past, and I've never been fired. Always got great reviews on my work ethic and such. I've just never been given a chance in the real world. I dont know how I fucked up this bad. Literally 2 years since I graduated. And I have absolutely nothing to show for it. Its depressing as shit. My family is already poor to begin with. No car. I have no insurance. Live in a shithole town. Im getting so fat my clothes is starting to not fit. I barely clean my room. I just have 0 aspirations.

Worst part is, I had it all senior year. I was a full time student. I was working 1 internship and 1 real job, same time. I worked out nearly everyday. And I was saving money, drinking on weekends with friends and stuff. I dont know where I fucked up. It was perfect. And I lost it all.
>>
>>17111967
tfw when I'm 22 and no gf ever
and I'm supposedly pretty good looking
how to get gf
>>
>>17112074
>useless thing like art or literature
>useless
>says the guy who can't get a job with his own degree
K.

>>17112227
So much this. As someone who has been shit on many times by "Le STEM Master Race" for my major, this is satisfying.

Like the others have said, come on OP, tell us your field and maybe someone here in can advise you.
>>
>>17113158
Don't worry, things will turn around. The economy is doing great and the US is creating tons of jobs thanks to Obama. The number of Americans collecting unemployment is the lowest in 16 years. The unemployment rate is down to 5% and there are 200,000 jobs being created every month.

This is the best job market since the Great Recession. Just hang in there.
>>
>>17113151
Top kek, same pic, always cracks me up
>>
>>17112074
I make 100k as a software consultant and I got a "useless" BA in English literature and philosophy

You're shitty attitude and personality is holding you back
>>
>>17111866
>Not having a caring gf who you can talk to about your problems.
I'd hate to be you
>>
>>17113259
what company do u work at? and how did u manage that??
>>
>>17113403

>having a girl talk with your girlfriend
I'd hate to be you
>>
>>17113162
I'm 22 here. Mine is online though
>>
>>17113670
how do i get an online gf bro?
>>
>>17113259

wow why so salty.
>>
>>17113158

I hate when someone asks me about the job search it feels so shitty

Or when your friends text you and ask "so what are you doin now"

And you have nothing to say except I've been just at home everyday in bed

What was your degree?
>>
OP probably studied some form of engineering. If you don't have a genuine affinity for the subject, a lot of graduates end up with this attitude. The degree is soul destroying. Have you talked to your parents at all? Exercise? Start with small goals, but make sure you achieve something every day.
>>
bait/ shill thread
>>
smoke marijuana Trust me ignore all these replies your just being negative on yourself
>>
At least you are not an Arab Prince who illuminatis hate and tried to kill over 200 times?
>>
>>17113158
>>17114732
>>17114732

I haven't spoken with my parents. They practice the tough love approach and would tell me to shut up suck it up stop being a little bitch and find a job. They've been telling me to do stupid shit like retail. I wouldn't even get hired due over qualified nor would I want something soul destroying like that.
>>
>>17114777

You're an idiot I've said several times I have respect for those degrees. I only stated the utility to avoid stem m trolls.
>>
>>17113158
>>17113158

Any advice to avoid your fate?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.