[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was taking my last test for the semester and my browser crashed.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: giphy.gif (464 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
464 KB, 500x386
I was taking my last test for the semester and my browser crashed. It submitted my test, I hadn't even answered a question. My instructor won't let me redo my test. Is there someone I can appeal to? I'm in a state university.
>>
self-bump
>>
self-bumpo
>>
File: WeDontKnowBlackBird.png (6 KB, 459x429) Image search: [Google]
WeDontKnowBlackBird.png
6 KB, 459x429
>>17111678
It is hard for me to imagine crashing browser submitting empty form in the same time.

This is also reason why you usually have more tries until the deadline is over.

>What do I do?
If your instructor is not helping, you can try the subject guarantor (instructor's boss?). Then the next one is head of department. But most likely nobody will give a damn about you.

Out of curiosity, which browser it was?
>>
>It is hard for me to imagine crashing browser submitting empty form in the same time.
Same here. If I were the instructor, I would have a hard time believing this story. It's perfectly understandable that he isn't letting you retake it.
>>
I was using chrome, there is only one time that you could take it. Im in a CS program, this absolutely baffled me. I usually use Moz but the program that my school uses runs better in chrome.
>>
what did your instructor say?

i find it hard to believe that he won't let you take it considering you submitted it without answering even ONE
>>
It even says the time started and submitted was about 30 seconds. I guess they could say that I was trying to peek at questions but this is for a bullshit BAS 160.
>>
>>17111832
Im awaiting a reply right now I took it at 7am. EST here.
>>
>>17111824
i think you have bigger problems than that test. your university is a joke and so is it's CS program, you should consider switching to another university.
>>
If the appeal to your instructor is unsuccessful then speak with your instructor's boss, and then the boss of that boss, and so on. Work your way up the chain of command and cross your fingers. If you are lucky, one of them will take your side and order the person below their authority to reconsider their stance. It's also possible that the choice ultimately belongs to your instructor and therefore you have no way out. Good luck.
>>
>>17111711
(op)

A break in the connection was all that was needed for the form to be submitted. There aren't multiple attempts allowed and there is no "save for later" option. The crash locked me out of the test.
>>
>>17111842
Haha, it is Indiana University.
>>
>>17111858
just looked up your cs b.s. degree.. it really is a joke.
and wtf is a cs b.a. degree ?
>>
>>17111887
Im working on my second and third degree simultaneously. Im getting an associates in business and a bachelor's in CS. I wasted my first 2 years on an art degree. Eventually I'll work my way up to a bachelor's and masters respectively.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.