[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it a dick move to put someone into a freindzone? I am talking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Is it a dick move to put someone into a freindzone? I am talking about a girl I went on a date with, with whom I would like to stay in contact despite having fallen in love with someone else.

Yes, I can absolutely imagine having sex with her if the girl I love turns me away, but I would have no problem if she dates another guy. I actually do want her as a friend, at least for the moment, because I am kind of a loner and have little company to do stuff together with.
>>
Do it. She will just have to understand that you love someone and if she wants you as a friend she'll keep you as one. But if she likes you more than that and wants to be more to you, she'll either cut connection with you, or stay your friend and wait for the opportune moment to pounce back.
>>
>>17111407
>with whom I would like to stay in contact
This isn't up to you. She's under no obligation to keep you as a friend just because you want her to be your friend.
>>
>>17111414
I said " I'd like ", not "She is supposed to". Of course she will most likely just say no. But what if she officially stays as a friend, but secretly still likes me as a man and suffers from it when I don't return her feelings?
>>
>>17111432
>But what if she officially stays as a friend, but secretly still likes me as a man and suffers from it when I don't return her feelings?
That's up to her to deal with, not you. She's responsible for her own feelings
>>
>>17111432
>But what if she officially stays as a friend, but secretly still likes me as a man and suffers from it when I don't return her feelings?
You sound like you're the only thing her life she likes. Newsflash, OP. She probably didn't like you too much if you only went on one date.
>>
>>17111432

-I've turned down girls, stayed friends, and even been friends with their so's.
-My girlfriend was turned down by a guy and stayed friends (funny story, like a month after we started getting serious and while we took a trip together, he found out and started spamming her phone about how much he was an idiot and how he should give her a chance. She pretty much said, "oh fuck you, you had almost two years and now you pull this shit? Too fucking obvious."

I feel like girls are A LOT less likely to orbit than guys are, because they can just deal with and move on from that kind of shit quicker (I feel like they're just more used to actually dealing with emotional shit compared to us guys who are used to pretending it's not going on).

Honestly, just be upfront.

"Hey, I like you and think you're pretty awesome, but to be honest I'm not really that in to you in that way. But is there any way we can stay friends? because I really do like hanging out with you and think you're really cool." or whatever.

If you're going to keep this person around as a friend, it's way better to set the precedent to just be upfront and respectful of them as a person, because that's what friends should do anyway right?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.