[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>finally manage to get a friend >so excited about it that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 634x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 634x768
>finally manage to get a friend
>so excited about it that I constantly want to do stuff with them
>have to make a conscious effort to keep my enthusiasm tamped down so I don't spook them and make them leave

How do I calm the fuck down? My social skills aren't good enough to make more friends, I only got this one from lucky circumstances.
>>
>>17111030
i dont know, this is the reason my gf dumped me
>>
Ok I was in a situation like this a few years back
>no friends
>start talking to girl I went to high school with where she was kind of the social queen and I was the weird loser
>super self conscious that I didn't know how to socialize when she did
>best friends now
So with that said, I let her initiate conversation and hanging out in the beginning but I was always very receptive to the offers. If I felt like I wanted to chat, I tried to make sure the chat topic was pertinent to her and not just me blubbering for interaction. So make sure your interaction counts at the beginning, if that makes sense. You will start getting vibes from them on how often they like to hang out and chat and you can feed off that. Soon you'll be comfortable enough to initiate whenever you want. In the mean time, keep reminding yourself that they don't know your circumstances like you do, so evaluate your approaches from a perspective other than your own. And be honest! Telling them you like hanging out with them is nice.
>>
>>17111057
Should I hide the fact that I have essentially no other friends? Would it make most people back off if they realized how much of a loser I am?
>>
>>17111064
Depends on the person, which is annoying, I know. I had no friends which was kinda obvious when she would reference all of the people she knows and I could only talk about my parents. I didn't try to hide it but I never outright said it either. Pretty sure she figured out real quick. But I'm clean, groomed, decent dresser, etc. so that worked in my favor - I didn't seem friendless due to being a stinky basement dweller, ya know? Overall just dont over think it buddy! And get excited because through her I have made loads of other friends and we all hang out now.
>>
>>17111083
Yeah I think they might have figured it out but I have no way of knowing.
>>
>>17111037
>show no emotion
>people get creeped out because you're not normal

>show emotion
>people get creeped out because it's weird to care about anything

There's no winning.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.