[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is it wise to finally come right out and admit your feelings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: awesome.jpg (113 KB, 500x654) Image search: [Google]
awesome.jpg
113 KB, 500x654
So is it wise to finally come right out and admit your feelings to a friend of yours?

It seems like it would be the best way out of the friend zone. Only because you're left with at least two options: them returning your feelings, or now since you got that out of the way you now have a reason, and cause, to walk away from that friendship and spare yourself the grief.

Ionno, what do femanons think of having a guy (or girl) friend admit their feelings to them? Either in the context above (or lack therefore of), or any other scenarios you'd like to include?

On a side note, would it matter -- at all -- what I write in the OP if I attach this image with it? I take it a good chunk of y'all would be too distracted to bother reading this.
>>
The image was not awesome enough to distract me from reading the text. Yes, I think it is wise to communicate your feelings. You gain nothing from holding back that information, you only hurt yourself. If you want to date that person, say it, if it is painful to keep being friend with that person, say it. It's hard and scary but it's the correct decision.
>>
I would prefer it if they admit their feelings to me. Rather than leaving me in the dark.
>>
Image was pretty cool. I wouldn't have read your post if I hadn't seen it. Good choice.

Now to the issue at hand. I'm a dude. Here's a breakdown. This would apply to a guy friend as well btw:

1. I am not potentially interested.
a. She is not potentially interested. No problem
b. She is interested but hides it.
i. She hides it well. No problem
ii. She sucks at hiding it. That is really weird, and would definitely push me away. I would much rather have her admit it.
c. She is interested and admits it. I would be flattered but explain to her that I'm not. Contact would be weird at first, but friendship would be preserved after some time

2. I am potentially interested.
a. She is not potentially interested. Sucks for me.
b. She is interested but hides it.
i. She hides it well. Sucks for both of us because I would hide it too.
ii. She sucks at hiding it. Still weird, but I would maybe broach the subject over a drink. Then we bang.
c. She is interested and admits it. We bang.

These are all the possibilities I can think of. It seems like in the case of her being interested, the best option would either be hiding it well, or admitting it right out. The latter has the higher reward vs. risk ratio. Do it.
>>
As a formerly inexperienced guy who once was shocked to find himself head over heels falling in love for a friend, who "confessed" that, and is now much more experienced with the benefit of hindsight:

a "confession" is inherently loaded. It's pretty much an all in ultimatum that effectively forces them to feel like they have to pick between two polarized options in that they either commit to something that's potentially overwhelmingly intense and exaggerated from the get go with no build up, or that have to say they can't match that intensity and have to say no.

IMO, unless they feel equally intense about you, you're always better off just trying to casually date than trying to force someone in to a corner like that.
>>
>>17110845

depends on the definition of wise.

if you want to get your feelings out there and know the consequences of them not returning (the possible implosion of the relationship cuz even if oyu both say you're cool with staying friends you will likely get too hurt eventually) then theres no harm.

as for how id feel, it depends on if i like the guy. if i like them, id date them. if not id probably slowly phase them out of my life cuz i know it would be heartbreak for them. it was for me.
>>
Come to think of it, I have a question for you femanons out there:

>How would you feel about a guy who not only opens his feelings towards you? But is just open about that stuff in general?
I've been doing that a bit as this year of college comes to a close. All with surprisingly positive results. It even saved a couple dying friendships I had. As well as one or two of these girls are a lot more affectionate and huggy.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.