[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just wasted an entire year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: neet.jpg (62 KB, 686x400) Image search: [Google]
neet.jpg
62 KB, 686x400
(18/m) I just realized today that I wasted an entire year of my life masturbating, playing video games, and watching tv. I don't have friends so I don't go outside often. I quit my job without another lined up and stopped going to class because I'm lazy. I have no idea what I want to do with my life and my parents say to finish college or I won't get a good job.

I recently got a gym membership so I have that going for me... Any advice for a NEET? Also how the fuck do you make friends out of high school/college?
>>
>>17110533
>wasted an entire year of my life masturbating, playing video games, and watching tv
As opposed to what, wasting 40 working for someone else while the government steals half of the fruits of your labor?

Spoiler alert:
[spoiler]Everything is a waste of time. The only difference between one thing and another is whether or not you enjoy doing it.[/spoiler]
>>
Go do something creative like art class or something, you'll make friends there
>>
you stopped going to class?

this is a very serious concern and you need to talk to your parents about it as they're wasting thousands of dollars every month on your schooling.
>>
>>17110562
I pay for my own classes. Luckily it's community college so it was around $2500 for 4 classes. Only went 1 semester but they think I passed all of my classes
>>
>>17110568
Why don't you just go to school?
>>
>a year
heh

heh
>>
>>17110583
Because I don't feel like spending 4 years of classes when over half of them aren't even relevant to my major. I'd rather go to a trade school and get a job in a year or two.
>>
>>17110533
>I just realized today that I wasted an entire year of my life

Try five nigga

then we'll talk.
>>
It's not wasted until you flunk out or spend more than 4 years. I've failed a few but will be done in 3 years from starting so that not a waste in my book at all
>>
>>17110533
>"entire" year
This is the first time i step into /adv/ the last thing i expected was it being full of fucking normies
>>
>>17110533
try wasting 5
>>
>>17111990
>being proud of your miserable life
jesus man that's a bit far

shouldn't you be frogposting somewhere?
>>
>>17112058
who said i was proud?
I just expected this shithole to be populated by fellow miserable people but it's actually worse than that, it's full of people who have fake problems
>>
>>17112162
Problems are relative
>>
File: 1387741728727.png (1 MB, 625x893) Image search: [Google]
1387741728727.png
1 MB, 625x893
>>17110533
You want to work? Get a job that's fucking cool and not work. Something practical and interesting, like be a gamekeeper or a mechanic.

Don't want to work? Get a hobby that you can actually progress in. Learn an instrument, start a band, print patches and sell them on Etsy or something.

There is literally no end to the things you can do if you get out of the house and don't just sit on your ass playing Hearthstone.
>>
>>17110533
>just one year

i wish I was you
>>
>>17110533
The bright side is, anon, you're 18, you recognize this is destructive behavior, and you want to stop. There are people that are NEET way longer and do nothing to improve their situation.

Why did you stop going to class? Laziness isn't the real answer. There is something deeper than that. You can still get another job, but you probably won't like it. It was extremely unwise to quit without something else lined up though.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 300x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 300x375
>>17110533
Get a job for right now. I go to college to learn things I'm interested in and to be a role model for my family.

In the very least, a job will make you feel more fulfilled. Work and rest are two sides of the same coin, without balance you will feel either overworked and worn out or like a stick in the mud with no options
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 600x195) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 600x195
>>17110623
Then go to a trade school, or get an apprenticeship. You will feel much better at the end of the day after working. Games will be more fun and you will cherish your free time more than ever.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 236x354
>>17112162
>fake problems
How are these problems fake? What even is a fake problem?
>>
I know someone who is 24 and going to have wasted 3 years with no end in sight. I'm also 24 and I'll have wasted 1.5 years before going back to school. I look at myself and see how much time has already gone by, but my friends do not. They just keep wasting time. I wouldn't be surprised if there are others who have wasted even more. Always realize that there are people in worse situations.

You're still 18. Go back to school. If you don't want to go to college, then go to some sort of trade school and get a job. I don't believe that every single person is fit for college, but that's what society has done. For me, I really dont have many friends from college. What I do is talk to professors a lot. While it's not the same as having friends the same age as you, I find these relations very valuable.
>>
File: JDI.jpg (32 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
JDI.jpg
32 KB, 1280x720
Hey thanks a lot for the advice guys! I've decided to just stick with college and stop fucking around. (Right before I typed this I found out my school's advisory period for next semester ended today.... FUuuuuck).

>>17112613
Yeah you're right. I stopped going because I have never taken school seriously and graduated HS with a 2.7 GPA, ~430/600 in my class.

I need to find another job....
>>
>>17110533
I am like you but 10 years into the future,
listen with I will say, if you don't wanna waste10 years of your life, just restore your self image, google jaque fresco and depression, Don't do anti-depressants and stuff they will mes you up. Just listen to him and all his talks, hes the one that got me out of the pithole you don't wanna be a bumb for 10 years like me, so do it man thats all advice I can give you, please do.
Also do research of why do you feel the way you do
Good luck !
>>
>>17110545
When did this way of thinking become so popular?
>>
>>17112881
Wdym anti depressants mess you up? What are the names of these that mess you up so ik im not taking them
>>
>>17112875
I'm glad you're going to take control of your life again, anon. Never give up, never surrender!
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.