[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ok, /adv/ here is the thing. I am an ex MGTOW, from one side
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
ok, /adv/ here is the thing. I am an ex MGTOW, from one side this quite controversial philosophy helped me a lot in my life, on the other side it made it obviously empty from a love and affection point of view. Casual sex with was not enough.
I decided to give women another chance and right now I'm dating a girl, she seems to be a perfect match to me, yet i'm fucking paranoid about her, what if she tries to take advantage of me? Is she staying with me just for my reasonable wealth or there is something more?

I still can't get out of my head the idea that women's only purpose in a relationship is sucking your blood and once you're dry they'll look for another "victim".
I know that this is kinda weird but I feel like I'm still scared of women, and if I happen to fall in love with her I'm fucked
>>
While this may seem odd at first, I think this is something you should discuss with your girlfriend. Communication is important in relationships, and especially communication about personal insecurity.
>>
>>17110241
You're a paranoid fuck in general. See a fucking therapist. Your hatred of women if only going to fuck you over in the long run.

Guess what, we are not here to ruin your life! My boyfriend makes 1/3 of what I do. You were just using MGTOW as a crutch to explain your previous frustration, bad experiences, or lack of experiences with women.

Again, see a therapist. These are fucked up thoughts.
>>
You're not taking that paranoïa away, you probably have an history with some female important in your life.

But i'm glad you took the chance, talk a lot to her, don't avoid the subject, say how you feel and maybe, if you think you know why you feel like that, tell her also. Tell her you always want the harsh truth before anything else in the relationship.
You will always be vulnerable, you can't try to hide it okay ? Just be honest and if the person you're with is somewhat human, she will understand your position and reassure you.

Don't worry if this doesn't work out, maybe that wasn't the right person to be with, that happens.

Also if you got time and money, go see a therapist, a real one not these weird vaudou-like group therapy.

A'right good luck if you have any question I'm still here
>>
>>17110413

> forgot to take my nickname away

oww shiet
>>
>>17110413
>>17110419

My last two relationships ended up extremely bad and made me extremely frustrated. After that I started to read MGTOW stuff, and that made me feel better for a while, I just had random encounters once in a while. My female friends noticed that I was changed and they took the distance from me, somehow I saw them as enemies for no reason but just for being women. I even tried to convince my friends to break up with their girlfriends and this lead to nothing good of course.

> talk a lot to her, don't avoid the subject

I told her that i'm extremely careful when it comes to lend money to people and I become extremely vigilant even when it comes to friends and family. She said that not everyone is trying to take advantage of me, I should be less harsh and she can pay for her stuff, she would even love to offer me a dinner or just an ice cream.
So far so good, yet we are still at the beginning.
>>
>>17110470

Yup. As I said talk to her, because not only you need to talk about your fears but she also needs to know why you are so afraid and she can justify why you're so "weird" with her.

Don't take it too hard upon ourselves, it's just a silly life after all. If you're afraid to pay her stuffy, begin slowly and see how she reacts, is she happy for you, is she asking more, etc

Your female friends are dick but maybe you're not being confident enough in them, still dick for letting you down tho'
Women are cool, some are gold diggers and many are liars ( female are educated to act like that sometime, they need to be pretty and ask men to provide them what they want, that happens often)

Try progressively, be really honest with your feeling so she can understand what you're going through. And even if you don't have enough confident, don't forget to be perfect for her so that she doesn't feel like she must suffer for the two of you.

It's cool anon, it's seems like a good relation, make it a better one now.
>>
>>17110496
thank you very much anon
>>
>>17110241
>MGTOW

We taught you better but dont say we didnt warn you about female nature. Also dont ever make the mistake of projecting male qualties on to women such as loyalty and honor.
>>
>>17110470

This is a poor understanding of MGTOW philosophy. The whole point of MGTOW is that you do not prioritize women and relationships nearly as much as everything else in your life. It has nothing to do with irrational bitterness of women. It's unfortunate that you were dealt two bad experiences in a row, but you need to focus on where YOU probably fucked up. It seems to me as if you're using MGTOW knowledge to put the blame on women and not being accountable to yourself.

Stay away from relationships for a bit and rethink your priorities in life. Clearly MGTOW philosophy is not for you if you crave intimate experiences.
>>
>>17110522

De nada, it's just a phase you're having, a psychological bind, you're afraid that the same situation happens again and again.
Nobody can't say when it will completely fade away, but the more you externalise it, the better your life will get, you won't have to hide or hide your feelings.

But don't overdo-it, if my advice doesn't work don't ignore your situation and look for a good psychologist.

>>17110525
A theoretical philosophy and the concrete use of it are two different things, don't judge him for that. You're asking him to re-think his whole life because you believe he didn't understand the real essence of MGTOW philosophy
>>
>>17110322
Dont listen to her she is afraid of the mgtow community spreading the knowledge and truth to her boyfriend. We want to help you and warn you because males are committing suicide at a high rate by marring women.
>>
>>17110525
>the whole point of MGTOW is that you do not prioritize women and relationships nearly as much as everything else in your life
For what I read in their forum and listening to that Sandman guy relationships should always be avoided, only casual sex is fine.
>>
>>17110538
>Philosophy based around improving every other aspect of your life and shifting your priorities away from getting women
I don't understand what the problem of encouraging someone to adopt this idea would be.
>>
>>17110548
what a fucking stupid graph
obviously made up
what sort of X-axis is "married" to "widowed"?

I particularly like how there are lines between points suggesting that someone who is 3/4 of the way between "never married" and "divorced/separated" (which makes no sense) is about 1.4x more likely to suicide (versus what base line?)

UTTER WANK
>>
Jesus, what's this 'reasonable wealth' of yours? The worst part about the whole red pill MGTOW crap is that most of you don't have any fucking money.

Are they going to take half of your Playstation games or something?

If you simply date a girl with a job then your problem is solved. Truth is she could be dating a much richer person right now. But even though it seems like it money doesn't matter. Not in a fluffy feel-good kind of a way, but in the sense that money is only good for buying you stuff.

Which is to say, women may be looking for 'wealthy' guys, but wealth isn't just measured in money. If you don't need to buy something then you don't need the money for it.
>>
>>17111350
Im not OP obviously
Its not about money only, I can understand if he supports her that he gets suspicious because contrary to popular belief you dont need to go for only super rich guys to be a gold digger
As long as the guy makes above average it would be enough for her to live off

Anyway, that point aside men have good reason to be paranoid about women since we invest so much more of our feelings, time and effort into a potential relationship and if it goes to shit its emotionally crippling at first and being unable to move on makes it worse
Girls dont have this problem, studies have shown most girls move on completly after a breakup and the famous "rebound dates" help them move on quicker
>>
>>17110549
>relationships should always be avoided, only casual sex is fine.

What a sad way to live.
>>
>>17111468
>What a sad way to live.
My father after the divorce practiced this lifestyle for years, like each time I went to visit him he was with a different woman, needless to say, it lead him to depression until he found a new wife but it took him 7 years.

I think that MGTOW's have some good points but I'd find it hard to have this lifestyle for a long time. Yes many women today are fucked up but not all of them. I blame feminism and the promotion of hedonistic lifestyle
>>
>>17111444
>I can understand if he supports her that he gets suspicious
I do not support her since she pretty much understood that I do not give away my money easily and I'd rather her to buy her stuff with her wallet, as I said I'm even paranoid about giving money to friends and family.
So far she was ok with it.
>>
>>17110525
>It has nothing to do with irrational bitterness of women
lol what?
lots of MGTOW's that I've seen are extremely bitter towards women, destroying men economically and emotionally is part of their nature, go check their forum if you don't believe me.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.