[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Think I may be picking up a cocaine habit. My ex-girlfriend killed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: shit.gif (1 MB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
shit.gif
1 MB, 400x226
Think I may be picking up a cocaine habit. My ex-girlfriend killed herself a week after we broke up and I've been hitting it up at least once a week when I go out clubbing.

Is a once a week habit a danger sign? Any experienced users in the general vicinity?
>>
>>17110174
I've only dabbled in coke as it's ridiculously expensive here.
>>I used to take speed once a week.
>>Then it was a weekend binge.
>>Then it was every other day.
>>Stopped getting as much effect.
>>Started smoking meth.
>>5/7 days a week.
>>Progressed to mdpv (yes, bath salts)
>>Errday.
Not even worth it.
>>
>>17110174

>Is a once a week habit a danger sign?

Once awake isn't particularly dangerous for your health but it definitely isn't a good sign.

Coke habits usually escalate. If you feel yourself escalating then you definitely have yourself a problem.
>>
Any cocaine at all is a danger sign. I recommend looking for an addiction support group.
>>
>>17110174
>My ex-girlfriend killed herself a week after we broke up
Sorry to hear that anon, any idea why? Careful with coke, it ruins lives for a reason.
>>
>>17110189
She had a lot of unresolved issues after being given up for adoption when she was 7. If there's any consolation she told the last person she spoke to the 8 months we spent together were the best of her life.

Yeah, going to keep an eye on my usage. Think if I ruin my life with anything it should be alcohol.
>>
>>17110174
if you are emotionally unstable (which i assume you are) you shouldnt be taking any drugs (including alcohol)
>>
>>17111059
this right here
>>
>>17110174
Listen my friend

Just stop doing coke or any other drug and find someone to talk to. I'm sure you have lots of unresolved issues because of what happened and coke is already dangerous as fuck for a strong and stable person. So what you are doing is literally playing with fire while standing in gasoline
>>
It could be once a week or once a month, but the moment you use a drug to cope it is a danger sign.

The popular myth is that people become drug addicts out of trying the drug and liking it so much that you try it again and again until you're physically addicted. Physical addiction is real, but what causes it is being unable to control your consumption of a substance because you are using it as a coping mechanism. And it can ruin your life.

People do it with drugs. They also do it with food, the internet, video games, sex.

I gave up alcohol because I realized how I was using it for emotional comfort. I didn't drink every day, so it took me a long time to realize I was an alcoholic. It wasn't how much I was drinking, but the way I was drinking and why.

The moment you start using a substance to cope you are playing with a deadly spiral. The best thing you can do for yourself is stay sober while you work through your grief.
>>
I highly doubt anyone here as any real fucking experience, let me lay some knowledge down on ya.

Once a week is indicative of an issue. In the same way drinking every weekend is an issue. It might not cause you problems in your personal life, yet, but there is a reason you feel the need to inebriate yourself on such a regular basis. I find coke and alcohol to be very similar in their effects, I had a massive problem with both.

I'm not saying you have an issue, but I want you to try and look at yourself from the outside. Ask yourself, what good can come of doing coke every single week? What does next year look like?

However much coke you're doing now, isn't going to be enough for you in a couple months, I can guarantee you this. Not because the whole "youre not getting the same high" bullshit they tell you at D.A.R.E. but because you will be constantly pushing your limits, it is in our nature to do so with all things that we do. Extreme sports being the most analogous. You will crave more, what you're doing now will one day not satisfy your hunger.

Coke is alot of fun, I know. If you're set on keeping up your habit at the very least I would make plans on when you will do coke, and set yourself a budget, and stick to them.

Try cutting back a bit, just see how you feel. You can always go back, nothing is stopping you.
>>
>>17111114
spoken like someone high on coke desu senpai
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.