[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fighting in Syria/Iraq
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
Hi guys,

I'm currently thinking of going to either Syria or Iraq to fight ISIS/Daesh alongside the Kurdish peshmerga. A bit of background on myself, I've been serving in the British army reserve for the last 4 years however my only deployment has been to the Falkland Islands. Outside of the army I've also taken part in some anti-poaching work in Africa. I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick and fucking disgusted by these dogs and truly feel like I need to be doing something other than looking for a job in England once I finish university in a couple of weeks. My question is, what do you guys think about this? And if you know, where would be best Syria or Iraq?

Be honest, and plz no turkfags who are just going to say the Kurds are terrorists and the Armenian genocide never happened.

Pic is me.
>>
You're just about to finish university, and you want to go die in a shithole? I understand your sentiment, but this isn't your fight, and you have your life ahead of you. These people have to learn to fight for their homeland, I certainly wouldn't get involved with it, especially without the backing of my country.
>>
>>17110053
I see what you're saying. But I think this is my fight. I spend a lot of time in France, and I was in Paris during the Bataclan attack last November. This isn't just a regional power struggle. This has to be the elimination of this twisted ideology from the face of the earth. Thank you for your opinion though, because I don't want to die. No body (except Isis) wants to die, and obviously I imagine I won't.
>>
All sides are ill-equipped and poorly trained. It's not worth it. You'll get fucking hosed with the rest of them if you don't get turned away. Find a private military outfit that suits you if you still want some action
https://youtu.be/4jPTrS-7d14
>>
>>17110073
>This has to be the elimination of this twisted ideology from the face of the earth
Not gonna happen. The group's days are numbered, but another will take their place, and will continue to do so until the underlying factors that keep causing this are resolved. Which is not something that can be accomplished though force. You would be an irrelevant drop in an equally irrelevant bucket.

Know something ironic? You're a young guy who wants to go off to fight, convinced they- they personally, can change the world for the better by shooting evil people in the face. In other words you're a foolish punk hopped up on his own ego who thinks he knows it all about the world.

Y'know, like basically all of ISIS's recruits. The only people they ever attract are people like you. Kids that don't know any better.
>>
>>17110153

i'm well aware that the application of force alone can not resole the issues currrently forumulating in the middle east. However, before such measures can be undertaken (the building of infastructure, creation of jobs, increasing levels of education, promoting democracy and equality) military force is needed to create a platform for such to take place. The only force in the region currently fulfilling such a role is the YPG. A group which the west is relying upon to act as 'boots on the ground', something which we know is needed.

Did i say that i personally would be able to change the world? fucking no. But maybe in some small way i could help. its better than sitting at home waiting for the next game of thrones. And please, tell me more about my own apparently 'hopped up ego'. Tell me more about you're experience dealing with matters such as this. I forget that the members os the international brigades during the Spanish civil war were simply punks who'thought they knew all about the world.
>>
>>17110153
What have you done in your life?
>>
>>17110053
>You're just about to finish university, and you want to go die in a shithole?

This. The lack of structure out there is ridiculous. If you've been to Uni you must be at least a little intelligent. Being another gun is worth almost nothing in the grand scheme of things. Your presence will make little to no difference and almost certainly result in your death.

If you feel the need to fight why not go with the army? Ok you might not be fighting ISIS, but you could make a much bigger difference in many other places with the support and expertise of the fucking army.

Going as a lone gun is beyond reckless. Your life isn't a video game.
>>
>>17110338

Thanks for your response. I'll take it into consideration
>>
>>17110041
Why are willing to get whacked for a bunch of ragheads? Why don't you fight for Britain and get the ragheads out of your country?
>>
>>17110292
not pointlessly thrown it away go die in a hole on the other side of the world I'd imagine
>>
>>17110231
>before such measures can be undertaken (the building of infastructure, creation of jobs, increasing levels of education, promoting democracy and equality) military force is needed to create a platform for such to take place.
Conflict as a means to an end is a ridiculous concept. It is by nature its very nature destructive, destroying the very thing which was to be obtained or making room to grow that which was destroyed.
>>
>>17110231
>I forget that the members os the international brigades during the Spanish civil war were simply punks who'thought they knew all about the world.
telling that you should liken yourself to them, because for all the romantic notions they had about saving the world what did they actually accomplish? They were exactly like you, overly idealistic kids and veterans who couldn't move on with their lives rushing off to fight in a conflict that was not their own and died by the thousands without accomplishing a damn thing. If instead of going off to fight and die on their own they had used that energy to get their own governments to send expeditionary forces as the german and italians did so enthusiastically then things would have gone a bit better for poor old spain.
>>
As someone who fought in Afghanistan, my advice to you is this: Don't.

Bro you're going to some hellhole that your country isn't even involved in and you wanna fight? Might just be my personal opinion but it was fucked up enough for me to be pulling triggers "for my country". I think it's retarded to go and kill for some random group of people that you hold no allegiance to other than a mutual hatred of other people.

You're just war-horny. It'll pass. Lots of kids in the service get it, and I don't blame you. I'm just saying, a lot of those kids I knew lost any taste for it as soon as they hopped the pond. Not worth it.
>>
Don't. No matter what /pol/ tells you Assad isn't much better than ISIS and one of the main reasons the shitstorm is still going is him refusing to step down. Also the government forces are a lot worse equipped since Russia decided to stop their (barely effective except for propaganda) bombing runs.

Yes, it's horrible what people have to endure over there but one more gun won't fix it. If you really want to fight you can join your government's army or special forces full time and at least you'll help with more than shooting cucks (disaster relief, etc).
>>
Bruh, their literally going to treat you as nothing more than disposable cannon fodder.
>>
literally every single local faction in the middle east conflicts are just different shades of shit.
kurds are animals that kill women and children just like isis, they just aren't trying to create a unified islamic state to do it to the rest of the world.
>>
File: 1409426328397.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1409426328397.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
Why? Not only does it have nothing to do with you, but defeating ISIS does nothing. The problem lies in Islam, and as long as Islam exists than so will these terrorist groups and Islamic states that want to impliment sharia law.

Don't waste your time and spend your life doing something more meaningful
>>
How does one even go off to join such a group? Just fly over and ask?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.